WHY DOES MY BEARDIE NOT LIKE ME??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if she is just inquisitive or hates to be with me. She eats good, even from my hand. She is active but still loves to bask. She closes her eyes when i pet her head but when i put her on my shoulder she runs down my back to get away. She is not loving the new tile but i changed from the terrarium felt because her nails kept getting stuck. She has a log to hide under but never hides, likes to be out in the open but won't wave at me. She is young so i hope it gets better :(

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
If she is still a young beardie it's normal, it's not that she doesn't like you, she just is curious and wants to explore right now. It's a good thing really, she obviously trusts you and must like you or she wouldn't want to explore her environment if she wasn't happy. As time goes on and she grows older she'll calm down and get lazy, and she'll be all about hanging out on you or around you. My female was the same way when she was a little beardie, now she is fat and lazy and loves nothing more than to chill and watch tv with me.

-Kaleen

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Kaleen is exactly right. You are describing both my dragons behavior as babies to the letter. Have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom