Trying to identify an infectious disease from a description

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, went and spoke with the pet shop people today, and I'm not happy with the results. There was a lady up there, not the first guy I spoke with, and the owner of the place was in the back busy. They basically said they have no idea where the first guy got all that from, and that she had MBD and was recovering and under control.

Right.

In a tank with another bearded dragon. A tank that SHOULD only be big enough to house one dragon to begin with. On messy substrate. With no UVB light. No temperature probes.

I've decided these people do not care about the well being of their animals, or they're just plain ignorant on proper husbandry. I highly doubt it's the later.

They were appreciative of my concern, but that's all they'd really say. Ugh. I'm peeved. At least SOMEONE'S concerned. :evil:

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I keep thinking... given the dirty conditions and over crowding, not to mention most of the animals do not have the essential things they need, is there anyone I can call to address the issue? Ok, so I've watched Animal Cops a few times. But seriously, is there anything like that to call? I doubt the local PD would care. I don't know what else to do, but I don't want to not do anything at all.

dnardini

you could probably call you local news, animal activists and the human socioty. Someone has to do something, thats disgusting and abuse (animal crualty).

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
KristenT":ksl90hqk said:
I keep thinking... given the dirty conditions and over crowding, not to mention most of the animals do not have the essential things they need, is there anyone I can call to address the issue? Ok, so I've watched Animal Cops a few times. But seriously, is there anything like that to call? I doubt the local PD would care. I don't know what else to do, but I don't want to not do anything at all.

I would call the police, as they are indeed breaking a law (animal abuse/neglect). If you go back a week or so later and nothing has improved, then go to the media with pictures and a copy of the police report. I live in Austin, TX and there's all kinds of animal rescue groups around here that get the media involved with exposés and such... I hope you can find something like that!

TASTIGER":ksl90hqk said:
wow..just wow :banghead:

Agreed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom