Reptile Harnesses & Leashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4chaos

Hatchling Member
Hey BD type people,
The weather is finally nice enough to take Miles outside.
He's about 17 inches long from nose to tip of tail.
Do you have any recommendations for lizard harnesses? I would like to keep it affordable, but good quality.
I just feel like this would at least keep him from getting away from me if he chose to do so.
Thanks.
- Sarah & Miles

393055_10151405900610524_786230523_23508632_1732057952_n.jpg

Photo of Miles outside for the first time enjoying the sun. His beard is a bit black because of the breeze that came and went. But he still had a good time.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
I have been making my own. i'm on the fifth one now. it's a work in progress, but i have been trying to make one small enough for him to get the most sun, to be comfortable, and inescapable.

CameraZOOM-20120314153726894.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120323132019202.jpg

c4chaos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Those are awesome. I was looking at the Drag-A-Long harnesses, but yours look like they would make the most sense.

hrdedman

I've had no complaints with my drag-a-long leash. I've also got a lot of complements on it, I have three here is one pic...
Sketches trying it on for the first time:
100_0074.jpg

Harry

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I like both the Drag-a-longs and the Ogle leashes, I think every dragon should have one of each. The Ogle harness is easier to put on and has a very long leash. The Drag-a-long has a lot of bling and is very fashionable for trips away from home. We carry them both in our store and cannot bring enough of them to shows, absolutely a must have for any dragon owner.

Silver

Hatchling Member
Local pet store just got the Repta Leash in for me. After work I am going to go check the sizes. Are they adjustable at all? Anyone have a picture of the Flukers on a beadie? Silver is just over 13 inches now. I hope the medium will work. Are they easy to put on. Hope Silver likes it because the weather is starting to warm up here on Cape Cod. Will post a pic when we get it.

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
They are adjustable, at least over the top, but the bottom unfortunately isn't. Try the medium, keep the packaging, most stores should readily accept an exchange on those if you keep them looking tidy. :)

Maybe I can take some pics while at the stores today... stay tuned!

-Jen

Silver

Hatchling Member
Thanks....They ordered me three ....SM MD and L. As long as it doesn't have to go over his belly. looking forward to the pics if u can. Will help me get through a long afternoon at work.

Silver

Hatchling Member
He seems like he hardly notices he has it on. Escaping is one of my greatest fears. We will be experimenting around the house first.

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
Sorry it took all day, but the last store I was at had an adult male beardie I could snap some pictures of the leashes with. :)

Here's a few shots of a few angles. This guy is full grown, and about 17" long (stub tail), and I used a large sized leash with him.

Side view:

How it fits on the chest:

In my hand to give you an idea of his size:

Top view:

Hope that helps!

-Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom