Jane's Addiction- Updated 2/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've been away for like six months and I figured it was time to update my thread. However, apparently I am too slow on the draw and my thread auto-locked again before I could get to it. :oops: I am too embarrassed to ask a mod to unlock it again, so I am starting a new thread and will eventually get both threads merged.

So, we are up to 6 dragons now! Our newest addition is, Rocco, a tiny little Italian Leatherback. He's not so great right now but I'm doing all I can. His Panacur arrived today and I gave him his first dose. XX fingers crossed XX that this does the trick.

I'll start the pics from smallest to largest. And yes, Barb, if you find your way here, I am trying to bribe you to forgive me by posting all these pics lol.

Rocco:
Our tiny, little 3g baby:
photo-156.jpg

photo-134.jpg

photo-129.jpg

Mika:
She's up to 460g. Quite chubby but she is the sweetest little thing ever. Eats everything I feed her (as you can tell by her tummy lol)
photo-131.jpg

photo-144.jpg

photo-145.jpg

photo-147.jpg

Gizmo:
He's the smallest male (470g) but has the biggest fat pads (go figure). He's also figured out if he hangs out on his second story he can see Mika all the way across the dining room and living room to flirt with Mika.
photo-158.jpg

photo-157.jpg

photo-154.jpg

photo-155.jpg

Princess:
Last weigh in she was 510g. She went down in the end of September but woke up and ate in November. I can't let her go back down until she poos but even after a nice long soak, no luck. She's been a little grumpy pants.
photo-138.jpg

photo-137.jpg

photo-136.jpg

photo-135.jpg

Crush:
Crush turned 2 in August. He's up to 636g! He's such a beauty and a real momma's boy. He is not the least bit thrilled with the arrival of Rocco or how much time I spend bathing and syringe feeding the baby. Yesterday he blew up at me like 5 times, hissed and black bearded! He's never been that cranky with me before!
photo-152.jpg

photo-151.jpg

photo-118.jpg

photo-151.jpg

Last but not least, my handsome Boodah:
Boodah will be 2 on the 18th of December. Can you believe it??? He's up to 640g! He's such a docile, sweet dragon. However, as soon as I open his door, without fail, he runs right over to Crush's tank and head butts the plexi-glass. He is all boy for sure.
photo-149.jpg

photo-148.jpg

photo-142.jpg

photo-143.jpg

photo-140.jpg

photo-139.jpg

Thanks for looking!

jelxxx

Six dragons! You are lucky. They are all so cute and seem to have their own personalities :) That's funny that Crush does not want to share you.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dragonlover3: thank you! I am very fond of my babies!

Jelxx: they all do have distinct personalities! I think I'm lucky too but my hubby says no more! Our vet bills really add up! Some people will disagree with me but a dragon can get spoiled rather quickly and once they are used to a routine, they will pout if there is a break in this routine. My dragons are very spoiled which stems from my need to take care of someone or something. My youngest child is 10 now so the dragons (and other pets) help keep me busy during the day!

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Those are some beautiful dragons. :) I remember reading about your tiny one, Rocco, yesterday in the other forum. He look like he is such a sweet baby. I hope he will be okay.

jelxxx

Haha I will probably be like that one day. Custard has his first vet visit tomorrow. Can't wait to see the bill :roll: . My Custard is definitely spoiled already. He glass dances whenever he wants anything. Crickets, changed newspapers, play time, cuddling, etc. I'm also the care-taker type. We just need to remember to take care of ourselves too!

-Jessica

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I finally got around to coming back to update. Last time PB crashed my laptop and I lost my entire post. I HATE PB sometimes. For whatever reason, it doesn't work right on my laptop so I am forced to come down to the family room to update which isn't really a big deal. I'm just such a creature of habit. All the animals and my work is upstairs so I am hardly ever down here unless I'm doing laundry or whatever. Anyway, enough complaining, on to my beautiful babies.

All my beardies started going thru a pseudo-spring fever since the new year started. I guess because our temps have been so mild. They are driving me nuts!!! Princess only went down for 2 weeks and woke up with a vengance. She would normally sleep until March. Once she woke up, all the boys started acting crazy and so it goes. We are supposed to get a small snap of cold weather the next day or so. I'm hoping they don't slow down and start all this craziness again. I don't think I can take much more of it! As a matter of fact, this past weekend, we had to remove all their plexi-glas and turn them upside down as the bottoms of the doors are all scratched up from all the glass dancing and head banging going on.

I think Crush has come down with a fungal infection - grrrrrr. I'm posting a pic. Let me know what you think. It's definitely not poo stains. He's been bathed and scrubbed. It sort of looks like retained shed but I'm not able to scratch it off when I use my nail. It has a sort of yellow/beige coloring to it. As of now, Crush is the only one with this. I don't know how he would have acquired it. How do I go about eradicating it from his enclosure? How do I prevent the others from catching it? I bought some chlorhexidine last night. I'm going to try that on his belly but I don't know aout his viv. Funny thing is that Crush's humidity is the lowest of all six. His water dish is more shallow than the others. It's probably a bit drier than it should be (humidity wise) inside his home.

The baby, Rocco, is doing wonderful! He is just the sweetest little thing! This morning he weighed in at 45g! He's a great eater. He's doing all the things he should. I couldn't be happier! I really thought he was a goner when we first got him. The Panacur was exactly what he needed and wwe are totally in love with him. He still has quite a tendency to closing one or both eyes often but I guess this is just part of his personality. Most often, he will close the eye on the side where he can see me! Maybe he thinks I'm ugly!!! haha

Anyway, here they are:
Rocco:
photo-186.jpg

photo-184.jpg

Crush:
That icky belly:
photo-182.jpg

photo-175.jpg

photo-176.jpg

Boodah:
He's taken to climbing the plants in his home. He climbs all the way up and hangs on the vent!!!
photo-170.jpg

photo-164.jpg

photo-173.jpg

photo-172.jpg

Princess: the ring leader (She's been acting like a real hoochie these days)
photo-185.jpg

photo-165.jpg

photo-163.jpg

Gizmo: still my resident knuckle head! As he has a second story condo, if I'm not fast enough putting in his salad, he will dive out right past me to harass Boodah n Crush! This guy has NO FEAR!
photo-169.jpg

photo-174.jpg

Mika - She has a long distance love affair going with Gizmo. They are a room away from each other but can still manage to see each other and flirt all day!
photo-183.jpg

photo-178.jpg

photo-177.jpg

Mika rarely moves from her basking spot as this is where she can see Gizmo from. She will press herself up against the glass and show off her big, chubby belly!

We made a ramp for Princess and Gizmo to use when they want to come out and run around. Princess uses her manners and waits for me to put the ramp in place. Gizmo just dives (head first) out onto the floor. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to run too much this last two weeks. Gizmo climbed down from window sill, right on top of my bassett hound! Flash was completely startled and chased Gizmo under the dining room table! I think the dragons are starting to drive the dogs nuts too. They will both stare at the dragons throwing themselves against the plexi-glas. Normally they don't pay them much mind at all and actually prefer to get away from their scaly brothers and sisters.

A pic of my pirate Flash:
photo-159.jpg

I LOVE this pic!! LOL

Last but not least, the CUTEST CHEERLEADER EVER! My Emily
photo-168.jpg

Thanks for looking!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Rocco is doing great! Guess the eye closing is just his way. Has he been back to the vet? I'm glad the panacur worked for him, Yay Tracie!

As for Crush, I'm not sure what that could be. You should send that pic to Tracie to see if she recognizes it. I thought yellow fungus, but I don't think it looks like that. Hopefully, it's nothing serious, just different coloured scales.

The rest of your crew are keeping you hopping, eh? Spring fever seems to just be when they wake up, no matter what the time of year. Lonzo got up this am on his own, first time in 3 or more months. Rubio is still sleeping. Didi and Leo are up, Leo just loves watching cartoons on TV and as his tank is right next door & I keep it on all day so they hear noise, they've all become TV addicts. Could be worse, I guess.

And my other news is Didi is with me to stay forever. His mom Nicole has moved permanently to Japan & there is no way to ship him there, also they don't have feeders in Japan for dragons, so sadly for her & wonderfully for my, he's mine to keep. I just love my little orange dragon & am thrilled he's staying. I'm just waiting for spring fever to erupt over here, too, now that Lonzo's awake.

Well done with Rocco, 45g from 10g in the last pic you showed us. Well done Jane! The picture I got of Gizmo jumping down on your basset hound :mrgreen: too funny! Not for your hound, of course, but of Gizmo. What a crew you have. I can just imagine Princess doing her hussy moves, it is spring for them after all & she's checking out the males. Hope she doesn't start egg laying like Sweetie did. Hope she doesn't!
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane, it's been a couple of months since you gave an update. So what's new & how's Rocco doing?
Deb

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Jane the family is looking awesome! Just watch out for Gizmo he has super sperm and one hell of a ground pounder "pun intended" if you know what I mean. And keep that hoochie Princess away from them crazy boys cause she will throw more eggs at you then you know what to do with! :laughhard: But I think they have you trained very well. :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom