Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
She looks so uncomfortable. I agree, a different vet for treatment for her pneumonia, and to have a look at that thick crust, I think it looks suspicious.
I hope she responds to treatment and starts to improve! OH, that poor girl!
Amanda

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, poor girl, she does not look like she feels well. That is a very thick crust. Do both eyes look the same?
I would find another vet for a solid analysis of what could be going on. I would ask about the nebulizer treatments too, to help penetrate the lungs if it is pneumonia.
To help the eyes, try getting an herbal tea bag, warmed up in warm water & place it over her eye (s) before she goes to bed to try & help loosen up the crustiness on the eye area. Also, you could try getting some sterile saline drops to help her eyes, also to see if that will help to clear that up a little bit.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OMG, it just warms my heart how compassionate you all are! Thank you all for your tips and advice. She is going to see her regular vet again tonight. I did find another vet in the area who will do our first visit/new client for free. I'm going to set up an appt with them as well. I read some reviews on one of the public review sites and the doctor sounds really knowlegeable with herps soooo...lets hope for the best! I'm really struggling with treating her more or putting her down. I feel like I'm just prolonging her agony with treating her over and over and over to no aveil. She's miserable. She looks awful. Her beard is blackening a little at the bottom. If the second vet starts talking craziness, I don't know what I'll do. I know if she was in her natural environment, she would be gone already. It's killing me. I keep thinking, "I paid 80 DOLLARS for her, What am I DOING??" I have a heart, that's my "problem"! LOL! Struggling over here with my head and my heart. Husband doesn't help either every time we go to the doc..."How much did it cost THIS time." He thinks I'm off my rocker. *sigh* Can't just let her suffer, but I feel like I'm causing her to suffer MORE. UGH! I will get on photobucket later on if I can to try and post the pics of the black spots on her tail. After Dino's appt tonight, I have to go visit Auntie again. That's about a 40 minute drive for me. It'll be late, but I'll get it done.
Thank you to *forgets name* for getting her picture viewable for me! She was on injections first, then we went to oral.
Tracie- Yes, both eyes look the same. I was putting artifical tears on her eyes to see if that would help slough the crust off, it's like a petroleum jelly type stuff. It didn't really help much. An X-ray was done on her. That's how the pneumonia diagnosis was made.
Thanks to all who posted! You're all awesome! <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. I know that is very difficult trying to decide what to do as to whether or not to put her down.
That is great you found another vet to try. I hope they have some more insight for you.
Are you getting a good amount of food into her & supplementation?
Try some bee pollen to help with immune system as well as some colloidal silver, too.
Make sure & keep the tank around 80 overnight to help her immune system out.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I scheduled an appointment for her with the 2nd vet tomorrow. The exam is free for first time clients so that's making it a little easier. Of course, anything on top of the exam will be extra but, what ever. It needs to be done. It's a little out of the way so I'll hafta bring Dino to work with me in her carrier. Do you guys think a space heater will be okay to keep her warm for a few hours??? (My boss said I'm out of my cotton pickin' mind!! LOL! She doesn't mind if Dino is here though.) I have used hand warmers wrapped in a towel when I've taken her to Maine with me over a long weekend. That's a 3 hour drive. I don't think they'll keep her warm enough though where she is so ill so I think the space heater is needed. We'll see what vet #1 says tonight vs what vet #2 says tomorrow. I already called #1 and asked to have her records ready for me. Just thought I should share that with you all because you've been so concerned! Talk soon!

Tracie-her appetite has still been pretty good. So, she's still eating and drinking everyday. I do supplement her weekly with calcium. The "Beardie Bites" she gets have lots of vitamins/amino acids in them as well as her crickets, fruits & veggies, small meal worms (she's little, so no big ones) and occasional wax worms. There was one night that she didn't eat after her oral med. I think it went down the wrong way though cuz she was gagging a little bit. That was scary to watch her doing that!

Sue

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I sure hope between the 2 of them that she can get the much needed help so she can start getting healthy. It's so hard seeing them not feeling well and this has gone on for so long, poor girl. Did you try the tea bags as Tracie mentioned? That should really help loosen up the crustiness to make her more comfortable and help soothe them.

How is the humidity level in her tank? You aren't misting her while she's in there, right? If there's a water dish in there, I would remove that. What substrate is she on?

That's good that she's eating. You might want to increase the calcium intake to a couple times a wk.

I don't think we asked what UVB she is under? If that has already been discussed, I apologize.

Please be sure to keep us updated on her.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, we went to vet #1 last night. I told her that I noticed her paper towel was very WET for quite a ways spreading out, around her stool when I changed them out Wednesday morning. Vet #1 now suspects renal trouble (kidney) as she was dehydrated a bit and she has been taking in water everyday. Looks like what she's taking in is coming right back out. Vet #1 gave her some fluids by needle and is happy that I am getting a second opinion, knows vet #2. We saw vet #2 today. She also (as did #1) explained that the trach wash may not give a definitive answer about the pneumonia being bacterial or fungal and how to treat it. Having the blood work done to check the kidney. If she is having kidney trouble, treating the pneumonia will make matters worse. If the trach wash doesn't give us an answer, it's a matter of trial and error which again, will make matters worse for the kidney. The antibiotics that Dino has been given would have been her first choices as well. Those are most likely whats affecting her kidneys. She gave me topical cream to treat her head and black spots on the tail. Looks fungul. Could be yellow fungus. More worried about the kidney right now. Vet #2 cleaned up her head a little bit, flushed out her nostrils to open them back up. Asked both vets if Dino would survive the 10 day waiting period without antibiotics to get the trach wash done... Both don't know, they both gave me that "eh, she miiiight" kind of look, with shrugs. Blood work should be back tomorrow. Bottom line, if the kidney is failing, she will not survive the pneumonia treatment. :(

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

Hopefully you guys can see these!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well I thought I posted telling you what you did wrong but I guess I didn't :shock:

You did this IMGIMGpicturecodeIMGIMG

You only need one of the IMG brackets on each side of the picture code.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The only thing wrong with the picture link was that you had
posted 2 times rather than just one at the beginning and the other at the end.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OOOOOOOOOOhhh, photobucket must put one in there tooo! Thank you for fixing them for us! :) Thank you Brandon too. I tried to click on the link you had posted before but it wouldn't work. (the tutorial). I think I got it now!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
In my earlier post when I mentioned the crust looked suspicious sadly I was thinking fungus, especially with the multiple courses of antibiotics...I hope the cream prescribed helps!
Some positive results on her blood work and the Baytril working on the pneumonia would be a great news!
The poor girl....I'm feeling so sorry for her!
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom