probiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco1985

My beardie is currently on meds for coccidia parasite. I wanted to get Acidophiliz for her as a probiotic but cant find it here in Germany. So my vet gave me Bene-Bac gel. Does anyone know this? And what other things can i use instead of Bene-Bac because it is rather expensive :( . xxx

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Bene-bac is really good! Keep using that. It is rather expensive, but it is one of the best options out there.

If you really cannot afford it, and want an alternative, you can use SOY Yoghurt (NO DAIRY), but the Bene-Bac is definitely the better option.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Yes I personally have used Bene-Bac about once every two weeks to help keep good gut fauna. You can get it in either a gel or powder form which makes for an easy decision of how to administer it. I've also just recently bought some Acidophiliz+ but have not used it yet.

laurela

I have been having a hard time, took my beardies fecal sample on a 9 hour roadtrip in a cooler to get a test done, it came up positive for coccidia. I brought that back to my local vet and I've had to wait over a week now and they still don't have the antibiotics in because they don't seem to have anything reptile related in town. Since I can't find any probiotics for reptiles and I have some powdered probitics for myself, I was wondering if you can use it to possible dust crickets or something. It's just the acidophilis type so I'm not sure if that would be ok otherwise I MAY be able to find some soy-yogurt with probiotics.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
My first 2 rescues {I have 4} had severe respiratory infections and were on several courses of antibiotics. I bought a bottle of 100 Acidophilus in the pharmacy section at Walmart for about $5.00 . They were the tabs. I would crushed one and added a pinch to the baby food I was feeding them. One tab lasted a while as you only need a pinch. I gave them some everyday and for a couple of weeks after. Now I give all 4 of my beardies a pinch twice a week for GI health.
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom