bearded dragon and a pregnant woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

XavierCh

so my wife is pregnant and i have my bearded dragon and his tank in our bed room...is this ok or do i have to move him to a different location?

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
XavierCh":1nn210yo said:
so my wife is pregnant and i have my bearded dragon and his tank in our bed room...is this ok or do i have to move him to a different location?

I think the more important thing to do here is to ask your wife if she wants him moved?

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Him being in the room will be fine. Salmonella is a very minor risk with proper hygiene and handling practices. The only thing you might want to change is for you to take over all the reptile cleaning tasks or have her wear rubber gloves when cleaning the enclosure. Make sure she washes her hands well after handling him as well.

XavierCh

Original Poster
she loves him she doesnt mind...im just being extra cautious

but thanks for the advice i will be taking over all cleanups from now on...and will be more careful when handling him

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know if you house your beardie on sand, but if you do I would suggest switching it out because if fecal matter dries out in it, the particles could become airborn. Normally, that probably wouldn't have any severe side effects for a healthy person if the viv is cleaned often enough, but pregnancy can do all kinds of strange things to the body and the immune system.

Congratulations, by the way. :D

CaptainVimes

Hatchling Member
There is always the fact that NOT ALL REPTILES carry salmonella.

Proven Fact.

However, unless you have had your beardie tested, you will never know, so it is always wide to practice caution.

Salmonella can be fatal in people of exceptionally weakened immune systems, so be VERY VERY careful when dealing with beardie, and then touching your wife.

I haven't checked if it can be passed to the foetus, but if you are sensible, you won't even need to worry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom