example of stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumes

Hi guys!

I hear about relocation stress and stress marks but would like to see what they actually look like.

Feel free to share!

Thanks,
Savannah

Here is my Lelu with stress marks. They are almost gone now that she's settling in. Stress marks will cover the entire underside, tail, head, and body

Lelu001.jpg

Lelu005.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
The dark marks on Beauty's belly are stress marks. She is 3 years old and we picked her up on Thursday. She had some relocation stress and missed her old home. :cry: Poor baby.

6618291173_d7823722b3.jpg

My Draco has always had these light color marks, I thought he was striped! I've had him for 2 mos. and I think he's doing OK He eats, sleeps and poops. He's relaxed when held. Are these marks signs of a problem?

Dracosbuddy":1bfhfllf said:
My Draco has always had these light color marks, I thought he was striped! I've had him for 2 mos. and I think he's doing OK He eats, sleeps and poops. He's relaxed when held. Are these marks signs of a problem?

They aren't necessarily a sign of a problem, but can you give us some information on your setup? (heating/lighting/etc?) The more info the better.

His aquarium is 36in. by 18in., his basking area has a 75w home light bulb(around 100 F) I use a black light for uv(?) I use reptile carpet for the substrate. The week before Xmas I moved him into the bigger aquarium and used rocks from outside(boiled) for caves and climbing, he bites on these alot.

Dracosbuddy":2tuorjov said:
His aquarium is 36in. by 18in., his basking area has a 75w home light bulb(around 100 F) I use a black light for uv(?) I use reptile carpet for the substrate. The week before Xmas I moved him into the bigger aquarium and used rocks from outside(boiled) for caves and climbing, he bites on these alot.

I'm not an expert but I think the black light might be the problem. From what I've read it gives off a lot of UVA, which can be harmful in large amounts, and not much UVB. First thing I would do is get rid of the black light and get a ReptiSun 10.0 strip light.

Other than that, I hope someone else can help.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The black light gives off NO UVB at all. As suggested, please get the Repti-Sun 10.0 strip fluorescent to help prevent metabolic bone disease and other health issues. They do much better with bright white bulbs and you can even use a standard household light bulb to help get the right temps on both basking & cool sides. Also, make sure you're using either an infrared temperature gun or digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end to check the temps as those are the only 2 ways to get accurate readings. Any type of stick on thermometer, round gauge (dial) or digital strip can be off as much as 20 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom