Tyrus' Crazy Tactics- new pics pg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, it't been a while since I posted any pics of Tyrus (formerly Deanie) As some of you know we had a quick bout with MBD, I corrected all husbandry errors and hes been growing like a weed since.

Here is the before (June 05/2011)
5 inches long and 3.3g
IMG_0159.jpg

And here he is today (Dec 26/2011) Weighing in at 299g at this point and approx 15inches long
Tyrus2011008.jpg

I cant believe how fast they grow!

Here are some pics I liked from today and last week.

His tail was a new form of stylish hat.
IMG_0391.jpg

Puffing up to grab that morning UVB lol
IMG_0420.jpg

His tank: (which he is quicky outgrowing! must build a custom enclosure
Tyrus2011006.jpg

Such a Purdy Face:
Tyrus2011009.jpg

No shortage on spikes:
Tyrus2011010.jpg

Crazy glass dancing that occurs for about 2 hours every morning
Tyrus2011003.jpg

Thanks for looking!! Feel free to comment lol

Kalyn

falcor33

Juvie Member
he has an ADORABLE face, reminds me and looks like falcors face so much!!! such a cutie-pie!!!

you've done such a wonderful job with the mbd and getting him to be such a healthy dragon, AWESOME work, he looks very appreciative and happy for what you've done!! it just shines away in his demeanor!!! so happy!!! :blob8:

and a merry christmas and wonderful new year to you, your family, and tyrus!!!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you esther, he is turning out to be quite the pretty petsmart dragon! I'm very pleased with his progress thus far.

@ Falcor33, since he picked me at the store he has been the sweetest dragon I've come across. Rarely does he have stress marks and hes always smiling!

Over the last week Tyrus has been cutting himself down to one feeding ...He may be ready to grow up but i don't want him too!!

Thanks for commenting!

Kalyn

Shiva

Hatchling Member
Wow what an amazing transformation! Great Job!!
His tail is so long (love the tail over the head picture) it just seems so much longer than my babies.
So Love the spikes

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank You Shiva!
I have always adored his looong tail, once I was whipped in the face when taking him out of his tank lol left a red mark on my face for an hour or so :shock: . My 11yr old Hoodoo has a much shorter tail, but he has managed to whip me on purpose a couples times :roll:

Kalyn

jewl495

Juvie Member
Aww look how wittle he was! So very cute they grow up too fast just like human kids do but they are still lots of fun when they get big. Is Hoodoo and beardie also?

Nicodemous

Hatchling Member
He looks awesome! Well done in raising a cool looking guy.
My two little ones are about the same age but no where near as big...yet.
They might weigh 299 together, but one of them is a runt.
I like the viv, I may have to build a new one soon, depends on how big Tamyas gets.

Thanks for sharing the pics and story, he looks happy.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks jewl495, Hoodoo is my senior beardie he's a tough old guy, had to endure years of improper care as his silly owner (me) who didn't know much about them at all before bd.org.

I can't believe Tyrus was that small once lol I'm glad I have pics to prove it to myself.

@ Nicodemus, Tyrus appreciates everyone taking time out of their day to look at him! He is a very happy and gentle soul. He's already outgrown his tank lol I've purchased the materials for his new viv just waiting for a nice day to put it together.

Since Tyrus was the smallest in the petsmart tank I didn't think he would make the 300g mark. Hoodoo only weighs 365g he is a small dragon but he has enough attitude for him and Tyrus lol.

Kalyn

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
WOW what a beautiful, happy boy! His tail is so fat, too. Ginger is 15" and only 212 grams and I thought SHE was a big girl. This guy is even heavier. How cool. :) Crazy to look at the baby picture and then see how big this guy has become.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
His spikes are sensitive too Halister. Whenever I touch those head spikes he whips his head away from me and I get the major stink eye.

Thanks Shannon! I was such a worry wart when he was that small, first we dealt with an upper respiratory infection a week after I brought him home. Then about a week after that he started showing physical signs of MBD. I was horrified and Soo upset with myself (I didn't have my UVB close enough to him.) he had developed a severe curve at the base of his tail. Got him on liquid calcium and moved the UVB and luckily his spine straightened out. The only sign he has left from the MBD: his second longest toes on the back feet are curved kind of wiggly lookin lol. Long story short I'm amazed by how quickly he has grown in loo of my early husbandry errors.

Kalyn

jewl495

Juvie Member
Well your doing an amazing job with Tyrus. I couldn't see a curve in his toe! However, I think its time for new pics :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Halister

Juvie Member
Kalyn876":262qr71o said:
His spikes are sensitive too Halister. Whenever I touch those head spikes he whips his head away from me and I get the major stink eye.

Thanks Shannon! I was such a worry wart when he was that small, first we dealt with an upper respiratory infection a week after I brought him home. Then about a week after that he started showing physical signs of MBD. I was horrified and Soo upset with myself (I didn't have my UVB close enough to him.) he had developed a severe curve at the base of his tail. Got him on liquid calcium and moved the UVB and luckily his spine straightened out. The only sign he has left from the MBD: his second longest toes on the back feet are curved kind of wiggly lookin lol. Long story short I'm amazed by how quickly he has grown in loo of my early husbandry errors.

Kalyn

Seems like we have all done something to place major guilt in ourselves. But we can all say we had the sense (unlike others *caugh* pet stores)
to correct them and let them thrive. Look at him now.
I was wondering because Thug does the same thing when I touch them. He twiches moves like 3 inches real fast and wips out the worst stink eye. LOL

jewl495

Juvie Member
Halister":1idjwfsz said:
Seems like we have all done something to place major guilt in ourselves. But we can all say we had the sense (unlike others *caugh* pet stores)
to correct them and let them thrive. Look at him now.

Very well said Mike! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom