Yellow Fungus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, absolutely not, she can't brumate right now right after that invasive biopsy.
Try to keep her basking & eating if at all possible. How is she doing today?
Does she appear to be in pain?

Tracie

evanescent

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2tr9jjyv said:
Hello,

No, absolutely not, she can't brumate right now right after that invasive biopsy.
Try to keep her basking & eating if at all possible. How is she doing today?
Does she appear to be in pain?

Tracie
I don't even know if it's brumation.. sure seems like it, but I mean..she's sick..
she could just be trying to crawl off into a corner and die or something and we wouldn't know it..

the black on her face is spreading more. I showed my bro and asked if he showed the vet that bit and he was like ;w; no..I wish you could have come.. *sighs* me too, bro. Me too. DX

she's lethargic. I keep forcing her to bask, and have tricked her into eating a few dubia. she hasn't touched her greens..

evanescent

Juvie Member
Original Poster
380396_2880645622287_1444456251_33065471_122920824_n.jpg

It used to be only a little bit, on her bottom jaw. the past 2 days I have noticed this spreading, too...

166966_2880644782266_1444456251_33065467_557454259_n.jpg

'nother pic.

378847_2880644662263_1444456251_33065466_1550024535_n.jpg

sideview..

402663_2880644862268_1444456251_33065468_1481352087_n.jpg

they used to be, like, pure white. this happened about a week ago, but hasn't gotten darker since then.
idk what this means, or if it's a problem..but it freaked me out.

Idk if she's in pain. I wish I could tell if she was in pain.
All I know, is she's lethargic and acting sickly. I am guessing that Yes, she is in pain.
Tomorrow is the last day she's supposed to be on the painkiller. Should I continue it anyway?
384753_2880644422257_1444456251_33065465_1615844783_n.jpg

all I know is these are the worst stressmarks i've ever seen on her..

387345_2880645462283_1444456251_33065470_142190420_n.jpg

ugh, at least the leg is healing. I have no idea how the hell I am supposed to get the stitches out, though.
I mean, I recognize them.. as the kind that the vets at the clinic I work at use for Internal stitching. They're supposed to dissolve/dissentigrate after a while. But, they're usually on the inside of an animal and not viable. Would that still work? I hope? DX

Halister

Juvie Member
Is there another reptile vet in your area? Also you might want to call your vet and ask that the culture be hurried due to her state. Due to being in different areas it could be internal and be very aggressive. If thats the case time is not on your side. Let us know but keep on your vet dont let him blow you off.

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
Dude- get your money back from that vet or call a lawyer. If that happened to a golden retriever there'd be hell to pay.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Cnochur....too bad the vet charged you for the job when it appears that there was a mistake that caused your animal some pain and permanent scarring, and cost you a lot of money. On the bright side, the spikes don't look abnormal to me at all. The little spots on the snout are innocent looking to me, [but that's not conclusive]....beardies bang and scrape their faces all the time. I can attest to that because I've owned/ raised them for 16+ years. The little bit of pink appears to be from the meds, I can see in one of her earlier pics. Also, her stress marks aren't bad at all, and I agree with Tracie [ Drache613] that she shouldn't be allowed to brumate, but she would naturally be trying to hide a bit now because of the trauma she's been through. And the fact that she ate anything at all is a plus. Her wound looks to be healing very nicely, and it should not cause too much pain. Just limit your handling and she should get back to eating if you give her a pro biotic like bene bac or acidophiliz+ . Any pro biotic should be non dairy. Hopefully the biopsy will be negative....I'm sure you'd be more than thrilled.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is probably still in some pain, as we would be if we had a gash on our leg. I am not sure how the stitches will dissolve, but they should disintegrate & fall off our out I would presume.
How is she doing today, did she eat anything for you?
When do you get the results back?

I would try getting a soft toothbrush in a bath & see if the discoloration comes off of the mouth. That doesn't look fungal, it looks like staining of some sort. The other discoloration on her body could be just an odd shed coming up.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom