UPDATE on Pinworms- Much Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Tracie! His viv will be a 4x2x2 melamine, possibly with a custom wall with a bigger basking spot. His UVB SHOULD be here by Wednesday. They've been a bit backed up I guess. After three long baths still no poo. But he should have some stuff in him because he ate a little. I'll keep up the bathing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Oops, sorry I missed your post. You can always email me too, if you need.
How is your tank coming along? Did you get your new UVB too?
How is he doing now, eating a lot more I hope?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, haven't started the viv yet. Still studying my butt off for finals :p. The bulb came in and he's been getting up and basking. Still eats on and off. Won't touch salad :/ unfortunately. He started drinking water from a syringe again though which is good. He's a good boy, I just wish he'd get better. I feel like if he'd poo he would feel much better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news though, that he is doing a little bit better & taking water from a syringe/dropper now.
Does he like his new light pretty well? I hope that really helps him a lot. It should, with better UVB exposure that is!
Keep me posted on him.
Good luck on your finals!

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey, thanks Tracie! He ate about 5 worms yesterday. So that's pretty good he had a hungry burst. I still need him to poo, it's been sooo long D:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he ate 5 worms though! :D
Try giving him some diluted juice to get some extra fluids into him. That may help out for him.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Any juice in particular? I have OJ but that has a lot of sugar. I bought him some crix hoping he would eat them but he was like "peh". If I find the powdered pedialyte I will get some.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, they are not good with citrus, it is too acidic.
Try apple, grape, or cranberry juice, diluted 3 parts water to 1 part juice.
Maybe he will change his mind & eat a few crickets for you.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would discontinue the use of citrus with your dubias. They are not able to handle citrus very well.
Try feeding a low to medium protein food for the dubias with apples for moisture.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie! Good news for today- BeeGee ate around 15 supers! and yesterday ate around 7. He's begun doing well. Still won't touch salad but that's a step were coming up to. First it was just getting him to eat which he seemed to do a lot of today. He's been taking water from a syringe as well so that's helping too. He finally pooed but my mom cleaned it before I could get him another fecal. He doesn't seem to want to sleep all day anymore though. Every morning he gets up and basks. I will begin feeding my roaches crunched up dog food and an apple or potato for moisture.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alyssa!

That is great news about BeeGee eating all of those supers today & yesterday. That should help him to gain some weight back now.
So he is basking more also? It sounds like he has really improved now. It sometimes takes them awhile to begin improving as their systems work fairly slowly.
Ah, too bad you didn't get a chance to get a fecal sample yet, hopefully next time.
How are the roaches doing now? I hope the new diet works well for them!

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, BeeGee is doing really well, hes already pooed around 3 times since i've been home in a 10 day period so its been going well. To my surprise he's been running around his tank every morning and glass dancing which he hasn't done since he was a baby. I'm really happy, it seems we've finally made some progress. He's been eating every day now and seems bright and alert. I can't wait to see how the future will turn out! I changed the roach diet so hopefully he will like the taste better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alyssa,

That is great news BeeGee is doing so well & is so active right now!
At least he is eating well now also, finally. I know it has been a little while since he has eaten so much. If his colors are bright &
he is more active I would say he is probably on the mend now.
Hopefully he likes the roaches more with the diet change of them. I am happy to hear he is glass dancing again, too. :blob5:

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tracie,

This is the final update because BeeGee is a new dragon now. He has started eating salad, pooing every day, very active and bright in color, eats at least 5 supers a day. He is doing great! The worms were really holding him back. Thank you for all you have done over the months of his recovery. He is a much happier, healthier dragon now.

Beegeeafterbath.jpg

beegeeeatingsalad.jpg

beegeeshed2.jpg

beegeeshed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom