pinworms and coccitia

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor13

My beardie had pinworms and coccitia. He shows no signs really. I got him about 2 weeks ago. He is loaded with it tho. He eats his crickets but not his veggies. He's about a year old. should we treat him or no. Is it dangourus to treat them, iv read its more dangourus to treat it then for them to have it.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It depends on how much of both they have. A couple of years ago, Goldie was diagnosed with a #2 (I believe) of pinworms. She had a fecal done about this last June and didn't have any pinworms. If it's a higher #, like 4, you need to treat. Before you let the vets treat, check with Tracie (drache613 is her screen name) or others on here do know, about the meds they are going to give your beardie because some are safe and some aren't. If you do have to medicate him, you also need to give him a probiotic to replace the good bacteria in his system as the meds kill the bad stuff as well as the good stuff.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
yes. BTW: when Goldie had been diagnosed with #2 of pinworms the vet wanted to treat her for it, we didn't but it went down to nothing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom