UPDATE on Pinworms- Much Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are some pics of him. When I woke him up and pulled his cave away he didnt look to happy to see me lol. When I took him out he brightened up a bit. Of course he isn't that yellow though lol, the camera is kind of weird with the lighting. I gave him some water with the syringe today too.

BeeGee11-187.jpg

BeeGee11-186.jpg

Beegee11-185.jpg

BeeGee11-184.jpg

Beegee11-18.jpg

Beegee11-183.jpg

BeeGee11-182.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks great right now! The colors are very good & his eyes are bright also.
How is he doing today?
Is he a leatherback morph?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

Thanks I'm glad he looks good to you. As I said his colors are a bit enhanced by the camera but generally he has bright colors. And great about his eyes! He is an italian leatherback yes, het for hypo if he ever had babies. He weighs 430 right now so I guess he lost a little weight, but he hasn't really had an appetite so I'm not sure if he is in fact brumating. His last round of panacur is Sunday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great. You can go ahead & give the next Panacur treatment & keep him up & around for awhile longer.
At least he is not losing too much weight right now.
Did you order a new UVB light yet?

Let me know how he is doing.
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, ordering one today and it'll be here on Tuesday for him. He doesn't wanna wake up in the morning... Could this be because of brumation and should I just put him on his basking spot?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, it could be due to a brumation or slow down phase. However, since he has had trouble with pinworms, I would go ahead & give the next dose & get a new light first to see if there are improvements.
He may be trying to brumate. You can shorten his days though, if you want so he can get a little more rest if he wants.
Is he interested in food at all?

Let me know how things are going with him.
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He ate one dubia today then was like meh, put me back to sleep mommy. I made him bask for two hours though. Just got my paycheck so getting the bulb :)

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tracie,
I want to let him brumate because it seems quite obvious that that's what he wants to do. The only problem is I need him to poo and it's been over 2 weeks now. I gave him about 2 mls of olive oil followed by a warm bath for approximately 20 minutes but he still won't poo. What should I do? He has his last round of panacur today and he won't even wake up in the morning he just wants to sleep right through. I really would like him to poo before I do that though :/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Go ahead & add baby food into his regime to try & get a fecal so you can run a quick test on him. If you can just get a sample out of him & give it a week or so for the panacur to run its course & get out of his system. Then make sure he is well hydrated as much as possible & he can go into brumation after that.
I know, it's hard keeping him from sleeping!

I hope he is doing well.
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay

I've been trying to hydrate him for quite some time but he never seems hydrated enough. During my winter break I will have a lot of time to spend with him and that should help ease him along. I will attempt to get a sample from him as best I can. If I end up plucking it out of the bathtub would that be okay? And how do I keep him awake because everytime I put him on the basking spot he just goes back to his hide and sleeps again. This sounds like brumation right? I just worry about him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it sounds like typical brumation.
That is good you will have more time to spend with him. Hopefully you can get a sample from him eventually if you can get any food into him, that is! It will be just about impossible to get him to eat though, if he sleeps all day & wont bask.
He does look very good though & is maintaining his weight very well.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

We had a good day today! I turned BeeGee's light schedule so that it goes out at 7:30pm and comes on a 10am. He managed to wake up today and ate 7 solid roaches of a pretty good size too. Nothing bigger than his eyes. He then basked for about 3 hours more and now is going back to sleep. I'll call that a successful day. I also gave him a bath but he didn't seem to make anything of that. I'll keep it up though! Light is on its way maybe that will help. I'm glad he ate though. I also weighed him and he is back to around 435grams which he gained 5 since two days ago. Not bad. I'd like him to poo though its been quite some time.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great Bee Gee had a good day today. At least he ate some roaches then & ended up basking for a few hours anyway.
It is improvement. Maybe the light will help also.
It sounds like he is maintaining his weight pretty well then which is encouraging. At least he is staying hydrated.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still need him to poo Tracie! I don't want his urate to be too hard and hurt him or something. I also want him to go so that he can sleep. I really hope he has no pinworms now, the last 3 doses should have gotten rid of them now I hope. It seemed his levels were really high. Poor thing. All he wants to do now is relax. During winter break we're going to be making him a brand new viv from crossfires instructions. I can't wait. It's gonna be my christmas present from my family. :) So he will be waking up to a brand new home.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope that you can get him to go potty also! Poor guy, all he really wants to do is sleep though. :D
I really hope he is clear of pinworms, also.
That is super, a new Crossfire tank for him then. He should love that. How large will it be?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom