UPDATE on Pinworms- Much Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, he did not have any coccidia at all, just the pin worms. I'm worried to put him through another 3 weeks though because I'm afraid he will feel sick again. I will do whatever you feel is most effective though. She did said it went down to around 10 per slide so I'm not sure what I should do. She told me that I didnt have to treat him but I do want his pinworms gone totally. He has been having a rough time since December of 2010, we just recently discovered his pinworms however. That is my fault and I feel bad that he is feeling like this now. I'm doing my best to make him feel better though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can go ahead & give him another treatment then, it certainly wont hurt him.
How is his appetite doing today?
Are you still giving probiotics to him now? If not, you could continue the probiotics for him as well.

Let me know how he is doing.
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

I'm gonna continue to give him the treatment yes, as for probiotics I'm also giving those to him too. I got the reptiworms in the mail as well as your panacur and my mom told me he ate a few of those which is good. When I get home this weekend I'll be giving him some more time out of the tank to move around. Hopefully he will have another B.M

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing, is he liking the reptiworms? At least he ate a few.
Good, the probiotics should continue to help him out right now.

I hope he is doing better soon!

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, He ate a ton of reptis the other day (saturday) wasn't too hungry on sunday but I gave him his panacur that day. I also gave him some water with the panacur. Hopefully to aid with his dehydration. I've been giving him lots of baths too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

AT least he is eating a lot more now. I hope he continues to improve for you now. Let me know how he is doing.
Does he like his baths also?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tracie,

haha, he doesn't seem to like baths although sometimes he gets bright yellow. Sometimes I guide him to the deeper end of the bathtub to see if he'll enjoy swimming but he clasps onto my arm and flails his arms so I dont think he likes it very much. I tend to keep the water vent-high so he doesn't freak out. Never but once has he drank out of the bath too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some just cling to you & don't like baths! Others love the water & baths.
There is no sense in bathing him too often then, if it is just going to stress him out more.
Is he eating better yet?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie!

I usually bathe him daily to help him get more hydrated. I haven't talked to my mom yet to see how he's been eating but I'll ask her tonight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is doing much better now. Let me know if there are changes in him!
Thanks.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

He really isn't getting much better *sigh* He won't even bask on his own he just sleeps all day long. I wonder if he is brumating, or if I should let him. He hasn't lost much weight since the panacur treatment. He isn't pooing though, it's been like 2 weeks now. :(. Idk what to do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is a large probability that he is brumating. It is that time of year.
Do you plan to get another fecal on him, or is that even possible? If he is not losing any weight, I say give it a little longer,
monitor his weight & keep an eye on his physical condition right now. If anything changes, let me know. Is this his first
brumation then?
Is his beard a normal color?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

I could get him another fecal done if he even poos for me! No noticeable weight change it fluctuates between 440 and 445 on a weekly basis idk if that is significant or not. This will be his first brumation, yes, his beard color is how it is normally. He has always had stress marks though, they never went away since he was a baby and i'm not really sure why. I was thinking maybe since he had pinworms, but we're getting that cleared up now. I honestly want him to be more hydrated though I feel like hes dehydrated. Plus he needs a new UVB which I am ordering this weekend, it's been 5 months, nearing the 6 month mark. Should I let him brumate?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Why don't you go ahead & get the new UVB light first to see if there is any improvement in him before letting him settle into a brumation just to be sure there isn't more going on.
It is a great sign that his weight is stable. If you feel he is dehydrated then you can try pedialyte to help him out with hydration.
How do his eyes look, are they bright or do they sink in any at all?
Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I could send you some pics when I get him today. Overall he stays really bright when he sleeps and I'm not sure how to tell if his eyes are sunken in. I haven't taken many pics in awhile so I will post some today. I'll pick up some pedialyte from the store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom