Starting to get cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexsMom

Yes, I have turned on an extra 100W bulb over Rex's viv. I hate winter. I am in Mexico NY, on the east side of Lake Ontario. We get dumped on with snow, a couple of years ago we got 7 feet in 2 days.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep I hear ya, we get a little snow here and their also. I hate this time of the year its playing with my heat temps. 40 one day 60 the next then to 30 uuugg.

RexsMom

I wish the store were at 70, right now the furnace is not working, hopefully it will be getting fixed this weekend. So you can imagine I have had quite the time trying to keep Rex's temps up. But he is brumating right now on the cool side that seems to stay around 86. It is the basking spot that is going up and down everyday, it is a good thing he isn't using that spot right now. :) I also had to put lights on the crickets and superworms just to keep them alive, last week it was only around 55 in the store....brrrr Did I say that I hate winter? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom