Clawing glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthien

Juvie Member
I don't think it's so much that they want out as they want to make noise and get your attention. My beardie Haku went from clawing the glass when he was little to ramming his nose against the glass now that he's older, it's very entertaining actually lol :) I wouldn't let it bother you too much, just take him out regularly and give him love and he'll be fine.

JessLC

Hatchling Member
Sometimes they do it to attack their reflection. Pepper would make graceful leaps against the glass at her reflection, and would wave at it.

thebenior

Hatchling Member
Mine does it when he wants to run around my apartment for a while. He'll typically skitter about for half an hour before finding a suitable perch. The clawing may also indicate that wants to poop outside of his tank :oops:

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Well it comes with the type of beardie u have. Right now he is probably at that age where he is able to be out and about.
Give some snuggles and let him run around on the floor for a little. \
Keep us updated!

~Haley

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
1st of all, that is perfectly normal for him to claw at the glass, mine is just a bit bigger and does it every day. sometimes just harmlessly and othertimes he jumps strait into the glass to attk his reflection. usualy when i take his out he stops clawing at it 4 the day so it could be that. and he is big enough to run around a bit, i let mine raom my room while i watch and he loves exploring every little corner :D rnt they just so cute!?!?!?!?

szubelak

Juvie Member
Just make sure to "beardie proof" a bit - I have "barricades" so they can't get behind the fridge etc. lol - Mine also have favorite hiding places in odd places - Now that I know their favorite hiding places I don't watch them as closely as I used to - I have "lost" them a few times - frantically searching for them for even 15 mins is stressful!!

Lesley

My beardie does this, and my fiancee and I call it the "poop dance." He hates pooping in his vivarium, so we have to get him in time before he gets all upset and poops. He also bonks his nose against the vivarium too. Dragons have an odd way of expressing themselves sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom