Pinworm / Coccidia Results... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
So the vet sent me these results with no phone call or anything, I called them back and he'll call me back shortly, Picasso stopped eating two days ago so I'm wondering if this could be the cause:

Parasite 1: Pinworm Eggs: 3+
Parasite 2: Isospora Oocysts: 3+

Both of these indicate a "moderate" amount.

My question is, do you treat a moderate amount of either of these? Could this cause him to stop eating? This is the key it came with:

2 - 4 = 1+ (few), 5 - 10 = 2+ (small), 11 - 50 = 3+ (moderate), 4+ = >50 (many)

I'm wondering why they just mailed me the results and never called me..? Gah. I'm so peeved.

Gail

BD.org Addict
They are pretty low, personally I would treat just the pin worms for now and once they are completely gone, recheck the coccidia levels. The meds for coccidia can be hard on a dragons system and its very possible that once the worms are gone, the coccidia level will drop way down.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The vet says they only have the powder form of panacur, where can I get the proper stuff locally?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Any feed store should carry it, look for the paste used for horses. The powder should work though, can't the vet mix it up into a suspension?

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You'd think so, I'm getting really fed up with them and their lack of communication and disorganization :/

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just bought some from Tracie so hopefully I'll have it soon, he hasn't eaten in 2 days now (besides a bite of greens here and there) :/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sending it out tomorrow for you, so hopefully you will get it pretty fast!
How is he doing today? Did the vet ever get back with you?

Tracie

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much Tracie :) he ate a couple dubia today but is still acting funny. Unfortunately the storm took our power out last night so I put some warmers in with him. Now we have the generator running, can't wait to get the medicine. Can you help me with dosing etc? When do I give it to him and how often?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No worries, I sent the dosing instructions for you but the syringes have the predosed amount in them for you already.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Today he refused to eat again, he didn't have a BM yesterday either. I'm hoping this treatment will remedy these issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope a few treatments will help him also. How is he doing today?
You could try getting some non dairy soy yogurt or acidophiliz from the health food store to help him with his tummy.

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He ended up eating yesterday, had a BM today. He didn't eat today :( Seems like he'll only rest every other day and once a day when he does.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, he is having a rough time right now. I hope he had a better day today.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom