UPDATE on Pinworms- Much Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Keep us posted on him! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. They shouldn't give him Albon for worms. How were his coccidia levels?
How did the steamer work for you?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

I know we already spoke over email but he is fine for coccidia as well as everything else. No giardia no flagellants, just the pinworms which I mentioned were 10-15 per. So I guess I'll do another treatment so I can let him rest over the winter. I also need a better way to hydrate him. The baths dont seem to be doing much. Over the summer he was drinking water but he for some reason stopped taking water at all. I dont want to force water into his mouth either and he wont touch his veggies. Thus far we've been giving him some slurry each day which has plenty of water in it as well as nutrients. This should help him depending on if my mom has been giving it to him everyday. I also added some calcium to the slurry to get some of that in him as well. I'm ordering him a new reptisun 10.0 tube bulb so that he has a brand new one since this is 5 months old already.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is fine!
At least his fecal was not ridden with other things though.
How is he doing now?
Well, if he is not liking his baths, you will need to try & train him to drip fluids onto the end of his nose. Try getting some pedialyte that is flavored, to mix with his water so he likes the flavor. You can also use a cranberry or apple juice & dilute it with the water.
I don't you for not wanting to force water into him, but maybe if you work with him enough he will start to take fluids from a dropper. The slurry should be fine though, if he is taking enough of it then.
Good, hopefully the new Reptisun 10 light will help him out.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

Yesterday was a good day for BeeGee. He ate seven worms and took a nice long bath. I'm proud of him. We'll see if he eats today :).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great BeeGee ate 7 worms, that must mean he is feeling better!
I hope he keeps improving for you now. :D

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie! No protein on Sunday however he took a big poop and decided to smear it all over his digital thermometer so I had to spend a good half hour cleansing that! Haha, then he fell asleep after that and he wouldn't come out of his log so I assume he said "go away it's sleepy time" I just left him figuring he was content to sleep the day away. He is only up for a few hours before he decides to go to sleep again lol. How much longer should I wait to give him more panacur???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How wonderful that he made a huge mess all over the thermometer. :puke: :D
Well, at least he was up & around some though, that is good. Did he eat anything today?
How long has it been since he had his last Panacur dose now?

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Coming up on Saturday it will be 2 weeks. I'm not sure if he ate this week at all, my mom is watching him. I will call her today to see how he is making out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

You can go ahead & give him another treatment then, no problem. He can have one treatment every 5-7 days, really.
I hope he is finally improving now for you. Let me know how he is doing!

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, I added another round of Panacur. I also bought him some reptiworms too, he used to love them so maybe it will spike his appetite :).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let me know how he is doing! I hope he likes the reptiworms too. I am sure that he will though. :D

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news for today Tracie! BeeGee ate 7 wormies again :D. Very happy about this. I see the panacur shipped so I'm having high hopes of doing one more treatment. Not sure how many to give him but we will see. I'm excited, maybe he's had pin worms for awhile and thats why he's been a finicky eater, maybe he will be a whole new dragon now!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Yes, you should be getting the Panacur on monday. It was processed through Philadelphia on the 30th.
That is great BeeGee ate 7 wormies recently! He may have had a higher than normal pinworm count for awhile. I hope he is feeling better now. :D

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie! He hasn't eaten again yet, he only eats once a week it seems, still doesn't touch his veggies. This is a problem we have to fix, and will hopefully fix soon. He definitely needs more hydration definitely working on that but it takes some time. I didn't get the panacur yet but thats okay, I figure its because of the snow storm we got which ended up to be pretty bad. I cant get it to him until friday anyway so that's alright. I appreciate all of your help! I know I said this already but I don't know how to express it greater! I do hope BeeGee gets better and eats like a healthy dragon. Maybe one more round of panacur will help him along. Do you think one syringe is enough? then I can use the other two in a few more weeks?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know that is so frustrating for you!
You can give a treatment every 7 days if you would like. Did he also have a higher than normal coccidia level too?
I hope he starts eating his greens & veggies soon. They can be so stubborn!
Oh no! You got a snow storm? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail then. Are they delivering mail right now?
You are welcome, I hope I have helped you & little BeeGee out. Poor guy, he has had a hard time lately, hasn't he?

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom