What would you do?? Pet Store Infected??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I've been treating Omni for coccidia since 9/2 and still battling it. My real ?? is what would you do?? I got her from a specialty pet store and have been reimbursed for the initial vet bill. (Not the $100- for the dragon). I was basically told that was it, I'd get no other help/reimbursement if I didn't either treat her the way he wanted (w/ reptaid possibly in house) or by bringing her back and getting a new beardie. ("Oh. and if she dies I'll give you a new one.") I passed on his offer, kept her, treated her w/ Albon, SMZ and now Ponazuril (not sure yet if the Ponazuril worked). I've been to the vet 7 times w/ fecals, twice w/ the dragon itself and am now at odds as to how to proceed. I wanted to go after this guy since day one, but he did offer to rectify the problem his way & I declined. When I went to p/u my check for the 1st vet bill the same babies were still on the sales floor, same set up, blah blah... which made me raise an eyebrow or 2. Should I keep my mouth shut and not create waves or.... My vet has written a letter for me stating worse case ever and the steps I've taken, they're as frustrated as me at this point......

MissT

BD.org Addict
How long after getting Omni did you have the original fecal done? Their stress levels are immediately raised when they are relocated so a 'false positive' (so to speak) is possible if tested too early.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Brought her home on 8/23 and test was on 9/2. levels have remained elevated every week since then, she's not showing any sign of stress now and hasn't for a good 5 weeks or so. She's handled multiple times daily and eating/basking/hydration have all been great.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I was just throwing the idea out there as it is something the pet store may have suggested but think you left it long enough.

Halister

Juvie Member
Well if you wanted to go after this guy the way to have done it was not taken the vet money and small claims court him. By excepting his vet bill money he pretty much covered himself. Once you except the money in the courts eyes he has paid for his wrong doing and he gave you an option of treatment which you didnt (rightfully) take. I hate to say you would be better off giving that money to your vet and research rather than fighting this loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom