Not Eating Not Pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayiaskepi

Hello. I have been off the forum for quite some time do to my own "relocation stress". We just got a new baby BD and he is awesome looking. We got him yesterday and he is about 4 months old. He inhaled about 15 small dubies and basked all day. Today, he has not eaten a bite, refuses all food, has not pooped, and has been bathed twice (with belly rubs) for around 20 minutes or so at a time. In the past hour he has been closing his eyes a lot, which doesn't necessarily mean anything negative, but could. Did I feed him too much yesterday? Could there be a possible impaction from small dubies?? Seems unlikely. Any help would be appreciated. Our Panther chameleon died less than a year ago and of course my daughter is thinking that the new BD will end up the same. Any suggestions, advice, etc.?

Set up is:
4'X2'X2' (appx)
Reptisun 10.0 (within around 6 inches from highest perch, though he only went up there when I put him up there for a while)
Duromax flood incandescent bulbs for cool and hot side - cool side b/w 80-85, basking spot - 110-112.
Offered Dubias, silkies, reptiworms, collard greens, dandelion greens, etc.
Ceramic tile substrate.
Two thermometers - both acurite. One with probe and one wireless.

lindawaz

could just be the relocation stress since you just got him yesterday.

He probably ate like a champ then too since he may be use to having to eat everything he can before the others got it. He may not have been very good at that game. Not competing for the food was new. Full belly+ new place= chill time.

I would offer tomorrow, keep up the soaks and see what happens.

ayiaskepi

Original Poster
Thank you for replying.

The good news is he pooped! It looks pretty good as far as I can see. However, he did not eat anything today and is displaying some "stress marks" and was closing his eyes fairly often. I will try and offer food tomorrow and I plan on continuing the baths. I have never dealt with relocation stress in any herp I have owned. Are these normal signs?

2011-10-20_19-25-42_922.jpg

lindawaz

That is a LOVELY poo! Good size too!

My Cham rescue yes very much stress from relocating even though her new home was much better. Took about a week.

My beardies that was over 3 years ago and can not really remember and they were not babies- sorry :(

I would be happy with the poo and see what tomorrow brings. :D

Where is he hanging out and being sleepy?

ayiaskepi

Original Poster
Day 3 with the beardie (no name yet) and he/she still refused food. I am going to assume this is a mixture of relocation stress, and a possible shed about to begin. I though at first that the colors were dulling due to stress, but today his/her head looks totally "pre-shed". His/her tail and back legs are about to shed as well, so I think it is safe to say that this may be a factor. Please correct me if I am possibly mistaken.

I am hoping all the worms I bought will stay alive long enough to be fed to it. That could be an issue.

Loganator

Juvie Member
Hahaha...I have to chuckle at lindawaz's comment about the "...LOVELY poo". Before we owned beardies, who would have thought that we would be calling poos "lovely". :lol:

Yes, a shed most definately can affect their appetite. So that, along with relocation stress is most likely the reason he doesn't feel like eating much.

But...Can you clarify, is your Reptisun10.0 a tube or a compact flourescent?

lindawaz

I still get excited with lovely poos from my two if I have not seen one in a few days, would never ever admit this to a non rep owner!

Shedding is itchy,cranky,not eating, grumpy looks- soak time! This seems to help mine.

ayiaskepi

Original Poster
Loaded with "stress marks" on beard and belly. I just hope it is the shed/relocation. We'll see in a few days...

2011-10-21_18-46-38_362.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom