Head tilt/circling - update on Kora

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
How is Kora doing? I will be saying prayers for her and u! my friends dont get my luv for my beardie either...its ok. :)

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, thanks for the prayers and for checking in. Unfortunately Kora is no better.....and now she's back to not eating. Granted this is her time of year to slow down for brumating, but it worries me for her to brumate if she's not 100% ok. She closes her eyes anytime food is brought near her. I'm upset because I don't know what to do. Do I keep her here, possibly suffering and not feeling well...or do I have to make a decision soon? It really sucks :( I can't put her down when she's still mentally alert and so beautiful...but I can't help but feel it's not fair. :cry:

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Im so sorry u are going through this! i know it hurts. i lost one of my babies lastnight and can barely get out of bed today. I hope you and Kora's vet can make a good choice for her. She knows you love her and are trying to help her. I know this without a doubt.
prayers and hugs!
reptilegyrl

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
oh jesus , i sooo hope it dosnt come to that. hopefully its just brumation , i know your really worried and i am sure i would be the same. i really am sending loads of hugs with this mail and i keep my fingers crossed for you both. :cry:

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You all are SO sweet, it makes me feel good knowing there are such nice people out there that care :) I had Kora out for a short while tonight, she looked pretty miserable and I just felt really bad. I ended up putting her back under her basking light within 5 mins. I had Greta and Ramsey out tonight too. Greta was out while Kora was (the 2 females are fine with each other) and it broke my heart seeing Greta zipping around and Kora watching her. On a good note, Greta and Ramsey are doing great and growing like weeds. Greta is almost 500 grams, Ramsey is 95 grams. I doubt either will be as big as my big girl Kora though.

Just don't know what to do. I almost wish she would give me a sign here. Don't know if I should keep her going, force feeding her etc, or let her go. It's really a tough decision and I'm just not sure anyone knows the right thing to do right now.

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
im so sorry! what an awful decision to have to make! I remember when my sisters dog Koda got arthritis very bad. She was spending over $100 per mo on pain meds for him. She was barely making ends meet as it was with 3 young sons and a house payment. I asked her how long she was going to keep it up. She told me that as long as he was not in pain with the meds she was willing to make the sacrifice, but the day that the meds stopped helping she would have him put to sleep. She did not want him to be in pain just because she was selfish and didnt want him to go. One morning even after the meds, Koda could not even get up off his bed to walk to his food or water bowls. That day my sis and her husband carried their huge "baby" to the vet to put him out of his misery. It was like losing their first born son as they had got him as a small puppy when they first got married. I believe she made the right choice. As long as you think Kora can have a decent life and doesnt seem to be in pain, I think you should keep her and luv her extra. But if you think that she is in pain and is miserable, you should luv her enough to let her go.
Dont know if this has helped at all as i know its probably harder to tell maybe if a beardie is in pain (they might not whimper and growl like a dog would) but it is just my thoughts on the matter.
Im glad to hear Ramsey and Greta are growing and healthy! Praise God for that!
keep us updated pls! I will keep praying for God to give you peace with whatever decision you make. And for Koras health.

Reptilegyrl

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry. To me is seems like she is in pain, and if she is suffering then that may be the right thing to do.

~Haley

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My head is spinning today. I have this feeling that I just can't let Kora go on like this. It's such a sad life, I honestly don't think she's going to recover....I just don't know what to do. I don't have the heart to bring her to work with me and have her put down. I feel like physically she's a healthy dragon. She's a decent weight, she's alert, and she's beautiful. On the other hand she can't walk, she can barely move except in a small circle....she doesn't like to be held for fear she will be dropped (she has no sense of balance anymore). UGHHHH I wish I would know the right thing to do. There's a female baby dragon for sale on fauna that looks JUST like Kora did as a little one...which almost makes me wonder if she was put on there on purpose for me to find today. I don't want to replace her but it just struck me as a little baby Kora :( Well I guess I'm rambling...not really sure what the heck to do at this point. Sigh.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Hang in there lady! If you have to make a tough decision for her, then cross that bridge when it comes. I always hate the feeling but I also know it has to be done sometimes. :(
I like to say a few words and bury my pets in the backyard. I used to live next to a really busy road and lost 4 cats in as many years :( I know how it can be and it hurts, but it feels good when they're on to a better place. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom