Black spot on mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiestyjess

Hatchling Member
Got home this evening and my beardie make has a black spot on his lower jaw I looked up mouth rot and it doesn't look like that. Hes 13 weeks old. Housed on paper towel. Have two repti sun 10.0 fluorescent bulbs and a basking light that keeps their basking surface area at about 108. Over on the cool side is about 88ish.
I'll post a pic in a few minutes.

fiestyjess

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Resampled_2011-10-10_22-26-15_663.jpg

Loganator

Juvie Member
Kind of looks like it's missing a scale(s) there. Bad shed maybe? I'm not too sure, maybe someone else will be along soon to give you a better idea.

fiestyjess

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he did a big ol' shed 3 wks ago, and is already starting to get real dull colored again like hes getting ready to do it again.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried soaking him in a bath and trying to wash it off? Hopefully all it is is some stuck on food or poop. It's happened before. Does it seem to be sensitive to the touch or inflamed?

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
I would see if it washes off. We had the same thing happen with one of our lizards and brought him to the vet and felt like *****s when she took a wet qtip and it wiped off. haha.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
HAHA thats hilarious because my beardie had that exact problem, looked just like your guy in the pic, I took pics and was gonna get around to posting it to ask for help but then it mysteriously dissapeared, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom