toe nails just fell OFF!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!
So I have a Bearded Dragon name Olive and I just had her out and I noticed TWO TOE NAILS WERE MISSING! I'M GOING NUTS RIGHT NOW!!!! *breathe,breathe* ok it is on her right "funny'' foot... now I say "funny" foot because ever since I had her this foot as been werid. I will post pictures of the missing nails and the "funny" foot!

Photo199.jpg

they are gone! ewk!

Photo198.jpg

my poor baby!

Photo200.jpg

can you tell their missing? do you see how that foot is werid? is it a fungus?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh wow.

What substrate are you housing on?

The pictures are blurry so its hard to see finer detail like a possibly fungal infection. It wouldn't hurt to take it to a vet to check though.

-Brandon

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
She is on Reptile Carpet, which she has been on all her life (of course I changed the carpet). I'm sorry they are blurry but I can't give you better pictures at the moment. I'm only 12 and my parents will not take her to the vet. They say if anything happens I will just get a new one. But it is possible she as a fungus. Oh goodness :?

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
She is on Reptile Carpet, which she has been on all her life (of course I changed the carpet). I'm sorry they are blurry but I can't give you better pictures at the moment. I'm only 12 and my parents will not take her to the vet. They say if anything happens I will just get a new one. But it is possible she as a fungus. Oh goodness :?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, that is very disheartening to hear.

Your parents would rather let your pet die than take it to a vet? :?

We can't tell if your dragon has fungus or not, someone with experience with it would have to check in real life, or a better picture would need to be provided. Since you cant provide a better picture the only other option is the vet to check for fungus.

-Brandon

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. Oh and no, no, no! I think maybe you read my statement wrong.. or I forgot to mention this. My parents always tell me that they ewould take her to the vet but it too expensive right now. Maybe I can do some extra chores. But no... they love her as much as I do since she is the only pet living here in my house. How much is one vist to the vet, estimations? I just hope she is ok. I also think she is going to be brumating soon. She isn't eating much and sleeps much longer than usual.

***Don't forget to answer "yes or "no" to "Should Olive get a Facebook!?!"
Question:"Should Olive get a Facebook!?!"
Thanks!***

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh ok I did misunderstand you then.

All vets are different, but you could call their office and get an idea of the price by asking them. Some vets even do payment plans where you pay here a little there a little.

It might be nothing, but toenals falling out isn't a good sign.

Do you think she might have got her toenails stuck in the repticarpet and pulled and pulled until the fingernails ripped out?

-Brandon

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
I'm not really sure what even happened! I was just spending time with her and I noticed it! I was freaking out! Well toe nails falling out aren't good signs... thats great to hear! But what are some things that could of caused them to fall out? Do you think it is healthwise? I don't mean to brag but she literally hasn't had any stress marks since the first month I had her! Overall she has had no health problems at all!!! I think I'll ask my mom about the vet again... she is a little bit more reasonable than my daddy! I just hope she is ok! :?

***Don't forget to answer "yes or "no" to "Should Olive get a Facebook!?!"
Question:"Should Olive get a Facebook!?!"
Thanks!***

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure where in New Jersey you are, but here is a list of vets in NJ:

http://herpvetconnection.com/newjersey.shtml

I know you're only 12 but you could go on google maps and see how far they are from you, if there are any within 15-30 minutes you could call them and find out how much a visit would cost. I know the one in Pompton Lakes is about $50 dollars for a visit which is not bad at all, cheaper than a new dragon in most instances :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Did you have a good look around her tank to see if you could find the nails? It really does look like they have been ripped right out... Iv never seen anything like it! I have seen beardies lose nails but there was never such an obvious 'hole'. I hope you can find the money to take her to a vet.

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
Thank you! I did look around her cage and I saw what I think is some toe nail piecies. They felt like a her toe nail but then again it could be cricket poop or something. I think they must of got ripped out! Oohh sounds so painful! No I'm worried if her foot as a fungus and if she is going to get a infection... how do I stop it from getting a infections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom