UPDATE on Pinworms- Much Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

He's been relatively active. He's getting up in the morning and walking around. No poop since Tuesday but he hasn't eaten anything either. He was 445g and he's dropped down to 438g. Hopefully once we get these pinworms out of his body he'll make more of an improvement. He hasn't been taking fluids from a dropper anymore as he used to. I kind of have to put the syringe on the side and go to the front so that he's biting on it while I give it to him. He got his second dose of panacur last night so this week should determine it. I'll get him a fecal done at the end of this week probably. That I guess will determine if he needs dose number three. Should I wait two weeks to give him dose three or should I just give it to him next Saturday again?

Also: He had a few slices of butternut squash yesterday but I had to slide it between his lips before he ate it. However he ate that but not collards so he apparently likes it! :). I really hope he's not suffering the poor guy.

Thanks Tracie I may go out today and get some babyfood and beepollen and mix it in. I dont want to force feed him anything though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope the bee pollen helps out. This week should determine how things will go for him. You can certainly go ahead & give the 3rd round before getting a fecal done if you would like. If he is doing better this week, then you could get a fecal first before giving the 3rd round.
I know it's hard to get fluids into them sometimes, just do the best you can. He will probably like the flavor of the bee pollen though so maybe that will help in him taking it easier.
It sounds like he liked the butternut squash though!

Let me know how he is doing.
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie!!!

He ate the butternut squash today. He never eats it on his own though, he only eats it when I put it into his lips. This really helps hydrate him. He took a long bath today but still no poo. I couldn't find any bee pollen however I got the acidophiliz into him just fine. Temps in this viv are 81 right now without the CHE. Pretty warm so I didnt want to over do it. I'll try to get his fecal done by the end of this week or the end of next week. I just don't want to wear his body down too much with the panacur. I'd feel much more comfortable if he had the third dose though. How long does it take for the panacur to run completely through their systems? For instance if I give him the third dose next saturday, when do you think he'd be back on track and how long do I continue to give him acidophiliz?

Thanks again Tracie, You've been so helpful over the past few weeks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Well, that is great you got the acidophiliz into him easily then. Sorry you were not able to find the bee pollen. Did you check at the health food store?
The temperatures are fine at 81 so you shouldn't need any other heating. Those are good temperatures.
That is fine, you can give the third treatment & then getting another fecal afterwards to be sure the levels decreased.
Since their metabolisms are so slow it would probably take 5-7 days to completely clear out of his system.
I would give the acidophiliz for a week or two after his last dose of the Panacur.

I hope he is feeling better!
Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The health food store..... Ah good idea! I will try there next. I'm back at school now since the weekend is done but i'll see if my mom can pick some up. I'll keep at the treatment and get the fecal after the third dose. : )

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, let me know if you are able to find it! The health food store should have the bee pollen. It is pretty commonly used.
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

His last round of panacur was given to him yesterday. So far he's eaten two days in a row. Two super worms yesterday and five today :). He still hasnt pooed in awhile but I'm hoping the baths will help. He is in the bath as we speak. I've been giving him acidophiliz in the AM rather than the PM and thats been helping him with his appetite during the day. I could not find bee pollen :( I went to rite aid and superfresh and nobody had it :( and idk where a health food store is around here. But luckily he picked up somewhat an appetite. I got him some mango butternut squash and collard greens. Hopefully he'll start eating salad

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great to hear his appetite has improved for you now!
So does he like the butternut squash quite a bit? Most of them do.
I hope the third round takes care of the problem for him. That is good the switch of time on the acidophiliz seemed to help his appetite during the day.
You may be able to find the Bee pollen on line pretty easily.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

My mom told me that BeeGee has not been eating at home and he hasn't pooed in quite some time!!! D: I am hoping to get a fecal done this week... If he ever poos. I may even bring him into to vets. What do you think I should do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would go ahead & get another fecal, definitely, to see what the levels are.
How long has he been off of the meds for now?
If he has not gone to the bathroom, he could be dehydrated. Most of the time, the medications really dry them out. Try getting more oral fluids into him & a daily bath, if possible should help also.

Tracie

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, He's only been off of the meds for about 4 days now. He pooed yesterday night and my mom is so nicely taking the sample in for me today. I'm so nervous to see what his levels are D: Hopefully all will be well and I can work on getting him hydrated again. I don't want him aspirating by forcing water in his mouth thats the only problem. Daily bathes are given with not so much improvement. If only he'd eat his veggies!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Second fecal was sent in - we are pending the results of the fecal now.... The nervousness consumes me!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks i'm really crossing my fingers. He's been in a struggle since christmas last year : (. I didnt know he had Pinworms though :(

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ugh... He is still positive for pinworms. She couldn't tell me how many he had per slide so I have to go in and get him evaluated. :( Im really upset. He doesn't seem to be improving, the panacur didn't work and I don't want them giving him albon or something really harsh. I hope he doesn't die :( and I can't be there everyday to take good care of him because my mom does it but she does a mediocre job. I'm so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom