reptiworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello

Hello everyone!

I am currently feeding LIVE pin sized crickets (about 1/8 inches) to my bearded dragon, Jello. Jello is about 8 inches long.

Jello LOVES greens. Jello eats at least 5-8 pieces of greens every morning.

And Jello eats about 10-12 crickets in the morning after greens.
few (3-4) crickets for lunch.
and another 4-6 crickets for dinner.
Jello eats average of 20 crickets a day.

I am trying to avoid buying crickets in bulk since I want to avoid smell since I have a roommate.

So.. i am trying to mix LIVE crickets & reptiworms. Is reptiworms. What do you guys think? Pet mart associate told me that worms might can eat bearded dragon inside-out if it was swallowed without chewing... is it true???

Jello is almost 8 inches tall.. which size should i get for Jello?
- Extra Small ReptiWorms™ measure approx 3/16 of a inch long.
- Small ReptiWorms™ measure approx 1/2 of a inch long.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
reptiworms will NOT harm your dragon if swallowed whole.

for an 8" dragon, I would go with medium reptiworms, even the large reptiworms are pretty small.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
jello":1wv7wp6y said:
So.. i am trying to mix LIVE crickets & reptiworms. Is reptiworms. What do you guys think? Pet mart associate told me that worms might can eat bearded dragon inside-out if it was swallowed without chewing... is it true???

This is a myth :) The worms die nearly instantly when exposed to liquid, as they don't actually breath - oxygen is absorbed through surface 'vessels'. Because of this they can't survive for more than a few seconds :)

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
At 9 inches Mojo was eating 40-50 a DAY. But that was just feeding reptis. feeding those with crickets I would put 20 in a dish and leave it for him/her to eat when they want and do 2 feedings of crickets as many as they want in 10-15 minutes.

z71

Our guy is just past 3 months old and entering his major growing stage. His appetite is insatiable. Yesterday he at 56 large reptiworms and would have eaten more if I had given him more.

I've never heard a good comparison for repti-worms to crickets ratio but 1 reptiworm has to equal at least 2 crickets.

If you get reptiworms, I wouldn't recommend starting out with anything smaller than medium. Even the larges are pretty small. Our guy wasn't crazy about them at first but now he eats whatever we feed him in under 5 minutes.

jello

Original Poster
How long would reptiworms last in room temperature?
so.. I can calculate how many I sholud purchase!

reptiworms.com <--- best place to purchase reptiworms? or somewhere else!!?!

z71

Their website says 2 - 3 weeks. I keep mine on an AC vent to lower the temp. Reptiworms has various 20% coupon codes available. Just do a google search!

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Currently they have a facebook 20% coupon (facebook20)

I am having mine held at post office to avoid heat exposure. Also getting a cheap wine fridge can work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom