Reptile Rescue Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie

I'd be more than happy to jump aboard. I've been reading some of the beardie rescue stories & it just makes me so angry & sad that people can treat these beautiful creatures in that manner. :evil: My 2 beardies were rescue's - both brother's, 3.5 yrs old, no heating, insufficient lighting, incorrect feeding & absolutely no calcium nor vitamins had ever been given to them. Their substrate was sand when I got them..... Now though, they have 2 heat globes, a heat mat, a uvb light, a flourescent tube for extra lighting, slate tiles & synthethic turf as substrate. They're fed twice daily, are bathed several times a week & they snuggle with mum every night. They have their own blankie & cuddly toys. They are totally spoilt as they well deserved to be!

Although most of the members here seem to be in the U.S, I'm in Melbourne Australia & if anyone sees any type of animal that needs to be rescued near me - please let me know. I've already told the staff at a nearby store to seperate a couple of beardies who aren't getting along. Having one beardie so black-bearded that half of him is black, & unable to move a muscle from fear of being picked on by another beardie is completely unacceptable. When I told the staff that, they laughed. Unfortunately for them I'm bossy when need be & I put them in their place. I may be 5ft 2.5 inches tall but I can be scary when the need arises! lol! I refuse to tolerate anyone who does not treat their pets like the are Gods.

Kylie from Melbourne, happily on-board :blob5:

drakenmom

I am in a little town called Winlock, WA. I am willing to drive for a few hours when needed, sign me up! Portland is nearish, and Seattle is only a two and half hours away.

HydrasMom

Hey I'm new to this forum (definitely not to reptile husbandry). I just moved to Columbia SC so if you ever need anyone in my area please let me know. I just rescued a leopard gecko that got to me in a similar manner, it's a great system and a great idea.

Feel free to email me, [email protected]

Cheers

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
McSkweeky":308sw709 said:
I'm in Bothell, WA which is just outside Seattle. I'm more than willing to do what I can to help.

--Maggie

Its nice to know tht I have a neighbor here in Bothell, LOL

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Sweet! I'll have to con you into lizard sitting for me when I have to go on vacation :p And we'll have to do a lizard play date lol

evanescent

Juvie Member
Would anyone in/near Maryland be willing to help me get these poor babies?

I live a little over an hour's drive away(2 and a halfish round trip) but I can't drive and it's a 6ish hour plus $60 round trip metro. >.<

plus whatever adoption fee these people decided on, for all I know it could be an awful dealbreaker..

But, if anyone can help and the price isn't awful(i'd pay you their adopt. fee), they certainly look like they need a rescue.....

Edit: Nevermind..their adoption fee was $150 for just them and the lady got mad and stopped talking to me when I offered up 80..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom