Reptile Rescue Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie

I'd be more than happy to jump aboard. I've been reading some of the beardie rescue stories & it just makes me so angry & sad that people can treat these beautiful creatures in that manner. :evil: My 2 beardies were rescue's - both brother's, 3.5 yrs old, no heating, insufficient lighting, incorrect feeding & absolutely no calcium nor vitamins had ever been given to them. Their substrate was sand when I got them..... Now though, they have 2 heat globes, a heat mat, a uvb light, a flourescent tube for extra lighting, slate tiles & synthethic turf as substrate. They're fed twice daily, are bathed several times a week & they snuggle with mum every night. They have their own blankie & cuddly toys. They are totally spoilt as they well deserved to be!

Although most of the members here seem to be in the U.S, I'm in Melbourne Australia & if anyone sees any type of animal that needs to be rescued near me - please let me know. I've already told the staff at a nearby store to seperate a couple of beardies who aren't getting along. Having one beardie so black-bearded that half of him is black, & unable to move a muscle from fear of being picked on by another beardie is completely unacceptable. When I told the staff that, they laughed. Unfortunately for them I'm bossy when need be & I put them in their place. I may be 5ft 2.5 inches tall but I can be scary when the need arises! lol! I refuse to tolerate anyone who does not treat their pets like the are Gods.

Kylie from Melbourne, happily on-board :blob5:

drakenmom

I am in a little town called Winlock, WA. I am willing to drive for a few hours when needed, sign me up! Portland is nearish, and Seattle is only a two and half hours away.

HydrasMom

Hey I'm new to this forum (definitely not to reptile husbandry). I just moved to Columbia SC so if you ever need anyone in my area please let me know. I just rescued a leopard gecko that got to me in a similar manner, it's a great system and a great idea.

Feel free to email me, [email protected]

Cheers

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
McSkweeky":308sw709 said:
I'm in Bothell, WA which is just outside Seattle. I'm more than willing to do what I can to help.

--Maggie

Its nice to know tht I have a neighbor here in Bothell, LOL

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Sweet! I'll have to con you into lizard sitting for me when I have to go on vacation :p And we'll have to do a lizard play date lol

evanescent

Juvie Member
Would anyone in/near Maryland be willing to help me get these poor babies?

I live a little over an hour's drive away(2 and a halfish round trip) but I can't drive and it's a 6ish hour plus $60 round trip metro. >.<

plus whatever adoption fee these people decided on, for all I know it could be an awful dealbreaker..

But, if anyone can help and the price isn't awful(i'd pay you their adopt. fee), they certainly look like they need a rescue.....

Edit: Nevermind..their adoption fee was $150 for just them and the lady got mad and stopped talking to me when I offered up 80..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom