Sleeping standing against glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby beardie Hoku has been sleeping standing, with his belly against the glass. I'm sooo overly paranoid...so this behavior is freaking me out! Is this notmal? Everything else is fine...he's eating, drinking, he's alert and active. He's been doing it for a few days now. At first it was on thd ground, but now he's doing it on top of his plant and I don't want him to fall :(

MAK

Hatchling Member
Sometimes mine sleeps inside the soaking bowl while it has water! He's done the sleeping against glass thing too, maybe they like it cuz the glass is cool?

Nrdogoldogol

Original Poster
Haha he sleeps in the water at night?! Wow, maybe he enjoys being cooler? See...I was worried about him being too hot, but HE is the one that sits under the heating lamp forever so I don't know. As long as nothing is wrong with him and he's comfortable, he can sleep in any position he wants, I think it's kinda funny. I would post a picture of it, but I don't know how to upload it on here :?:

makaveli

my BD marv sometimes sleeps like that but against his wall, he slipped one time suprised himself, he didnt look to happy but still sometimes sleeps like that!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies don't sleep on the ground in the wild unless they have a place to hide or burrow, otherwise they could easily become a meal for a passing predator. I've had some of my dragons in the garden during the day and when the sun started to go down, they would climb up on a tree trunk or plant just a few inches to a foot off the ground. Its amazing how well they blend into their surroundings when they do this and I'm sure they do it for safety. Even in the house (my females free roam in their own room) they all find a place off the ground to perch at night, some on a shelf, in boxes, but rarely on the floor. You'll notice when you turn the lights out, your beardie will roam around to find a place to sleep, if they don't go under something, they end up against the side of the tank trying to climb upward. The lizards in the yard do it as well, if you go outside at night and look in the plants, they are all on a stem or a leaf perched off the ground. Even when you try to put a sleeping dragon down, it will almost always try to climb back up into your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom