They actually snuggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
I was holding Zil on my chest tonight, to get some more hands-on time, and she kind of scooted up a few inches next to my neck and sorta rubbed her face/chin on me and then she fell asleep. A little while later when there was a noise, she sorta half woke up, rubbed her chin side to side on my chest a few times and went back to sleep. Then finally when it was time to go beddy bye, I tried to detatch her from my chest (lol) and she did the rub thing again as she was waking up. I'm hoping this is like a sign of affection and not just that she has an itchy spot :love10: cuz it was really sweet.

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww, ok that makes me happy that she's comfortable enough to snuggle down on me already :love5: I admit however that the whole time I'm watching that video I kept scrolling, trying to fix the camera angle lol.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Yoshi always falls asleep on me but he's recently started snuggling too! Especially after I get home from work (PetCo) and I think he smells the other animals. LOL Sometimes he'll lick me, too, so I have to make sure my hair is out of the way.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yup, you definitely got snuggled by Zil. Isn't that the greatest feeling in the world? :D
Wait til you get the "snuggle-so-tight-that-the-spikes-are-dug-into-your-skin" snuggles :love5:

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It was great, I am looking forward to more snuggles! Hubby jokes that it's cutting into our snuggle time :laughing6:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MomOf2Kiddos":h8ubk56g said:
Hubby jokes that it's cutting into our snuggle time :laughing6:
Tell him to get used to it, because there'd be lots more coming :mrgreen:

Oh, one more thing: have you gotten the butt wiggle yet? That's typically accompanied by the head rubbing snuggles, right before they conk out for the night. Now THAT's when you know you're loved :wink:

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not yet, we've only had 2 nights of snuggling so far. Gives me something to look forward too hehe :D

She was just making a racket in her cage so I went to see if she pooped, but she was pacing the glass. I picked her up and held her a few minutes and when I tried to put her back in the cage she turned and grabbed onto my sleeve and started up my arm. :laughhard:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MomOf2Kiddos":2jo7l1on said:
I picked her up and held her a few minutes and when I tried to put her back in the cage she turned and grabbed onto my sleeve and started up my arm. :laughhard:
Heehee! The infamous "NO! Don't put me back in my tank!" reaction.

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It really does floor me at how well she's adjusting to her new home. I really wasn't sure what to expect on Friday, and I was kinda nervous ya know, her never being handled before. I've never owned a reptile before and when hubby came home and said "lizard" and "over a foot long" I made a face like this: :shock: but I'm already quite attached to her and I'm eager to continue bonding.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I love when Phred does this.. every night he does.. he will snuggle up into my arm and both his arms will be at his sides. It's too cute!

sheri85

Juvie Member
i was pleasantly surprised by the beardie snuggle. it's a nightly thing with me and Archer now. when he's ready to come out and lay on me he'll jump down from his log and glass dance to get my attention. then he snuggles in and i let him lay there until i go to bed. it's so cute when i tuck him into his tank.

he was actually very comforting today. i have a bit of a cold, and it was nice having him cuddle with me. i have a cat, but she's not a cuddler. i have to rely on my spikey beardie for that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom