listless dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

debz

im just getting used to my new dragon i've had him 5 week or so now. everything seems ok he eats well even his greens and he will pinch my grapes if hes out while im have them lol,yesterday i noticed his skin is starting to flake a little so presume he is starting to shed 9 hes approx 10 month old) but today he has gone off his food and is staying on the cooler side of his viv and is quiet listless is this normal ?
his temps are 80 f and 95f temps taken by 2 glass temp gauges the type for in aquariums one under his heat lamp one on other end of viv when cleaning him out i take the gauges out and temp drops so i know they are working

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
when they shed they often get lethargic and loose their appetite- this is completely normal. Just keep an eye on him and see if he perks up after the shed- give him plenty of baths to help the shedding along :D

debz

Original Poster
he likes his baths so he gets one every other day but today he just sat in the same place will more baths be ok every day

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
debz":3bkb754x said:
he likes his baths so he gets one every other day but today he just sat in the same place will more baths be ok every day

Yeah that'll be fine.

debz

Original Poster
thanks for the help i feel a bit daft asking silly questons but i want the best for my new owner ( he owns me lol)

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
debz":1f289v0e said:
thanks for the help i feel a bit daft asking silly questons but i want the best for my new owner ( he owns me lol)

haha.

They're not silly questions, there's so much to learn having a beardie. Ive had mine 10 months now and i am still learning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom