Butternut Squash

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare38

Hi, i have been giving my beardie's Butternut squash in chunks, and part cooked to soften it up but they find it really hard to pick up, is there another way to actually serve this up to them??.

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Have you tried shredding it? Using a cheese shredder gets it in to beardie safe pieces and they are able to eat it up quick.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
I cheat and put mine in the food processor to shred it after gutting it and peeling it of course. lol

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
So, I went and bought my greens for the week today:
Collard Greens $.48
Dandelion Greens $.58
Turnip Greens $.38

Butternut squash $4.98!!!

thegreybush

Juvie Member
lol yea that "per pound" will get ya with big squash. I use one of those magic chop things you see on the infomercials (bought from a thrift store yay!) and chop mine down into little pieces. They love it.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I chop up my squash and freeze it. Otherwise I hardly get through 1/4 of the squash before it gets moldy. :|

thegreybush

Juvie Member
^^ I just ran to my kitchen and threw the rest of my squash in the processor and then in the freezer, thank you for that everyone. :mrgreen:

finnie

Hey, can you tell me how you froze the squash? After shredding (processing) it, can it just go into freezer bags? When I used to freeze food for my baby - I'd put small portions into ice cube trays - do you think that would work well for beardies? -- thanks for your info... I'm a newby beardie owner - learning all the tricks takes time and so much wonderful help from all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom