Anyone know how to make a homemade Hammock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjh1

Juvie Member
My Beardies are getting bigger and well the hammocks are not holding enough anymore.
So what I want to know is has anyone ever made on if so what did you use. How did you make it say stuck up
on the glass or did you hang it.

Thanks for helping
Joanne

jjh1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much I think I will be able to come up with something along those lines
Joanne

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
I made one out of a old towel... cut it to whatever size you want, for extra support you can double it up and sew them together or you could probably use fabric glue. Then just cut holes in each corner.
I had suction cups to hold it up, but it fell often. I bought the 3M hooks that stick with some sort of sticky stuff and it hasn't fallen once.
I personally used 1 layer of towel, not doubled up for a full grown bearded dragon. It is getting ragged but it was cheap to make and will be easy to replace.

Puff09014.jpg

Thats an old photo, don't use those suction cups... buy the stick on 3M hooks

jjh1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for that I have old towels and blankets I am so going to try that since I hate the hammocks that they have now they fall and this way it can be big enough for them to have a nice sleep in and be comfy
Thanks I will do this never thought of 3m !!!
Joanne

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
The hammock I made large enough for him, he can fit entirely on it with extra room and can even turn around to get off. Sometimes he falls off... but the hammock has never fallen down with the 3M command hooks.
I know exactly what you mean about the other hammocks premade with suction cups... they always fall down. The one im my leopard geckos cage hasn't but I think its just because they don't weigh anything.
He is a cutie.... he loves his hammock and often sleeps with his arm hanging off!

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Wow! this was a great idea... I love the way that bd's look on top of their hammocks and I had to buy one when I first got my first beardie but $10 ea. is a bit expenive when I can just do the towel thing and they will probably like that much better! oh and this hammocks falls off ALL the time!

moongypsy

PuffPuff11":kv2h9d3k said:
I made one out of a old towel... cut it to whatever size you want, for extra support you can double it up and sew them together or you could probably use fabric glue. Then just cut holes in each corner.
I had suction cups to hold it up, but it fell often. I bought the 3M hooks that stick with some sort of sticky stuff and it hasn't fallen once.
I personally used 1 layer of towel, not doubled up for a full grown bearded dragon. It is getting ragged but it was cheap to make and will be easy to replace.

Puff09014.jpg

Thats an old photo, don't use those suction cups... buy the stick on 3M hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom