Apple Sauce... noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
So Ive been feeding my Beardie apples and he loves them!!! I figured Id give him some applesauce since its moister and can coat other things he wont normally eat...

After doing a search I discovered that it aids in pooping... I normally feed him sliced apple a few times a week, and that doesnt aid in his pooping - or not that I can see. He normally goes about 3 - 5 times a week depending on what I feed him.

Would adding applesauce be advisable :?: Or should I omit it :?:

Hes pretty active, loves to run around the house, eats his fruits and veggies, and his feeders, so Im not sure if its wise to add the sauce...

Thanks

Gail

BD.org Addict
Fruit really isn't good to feed often, its high in natural sugar. Twice a week is ok and it doesn't really matter if you feed slices or sauce. If your dragon is a adult, going 3-5 times a week is perfectly normal.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":1qcz5azo said:
Fruit really isn't good to feed often, its high in natural sugar. Twice a week is ok and it doesn't really matter if you feed slices or sauce. If your dragon is a adult, going 3-5 times a week is perfectly normal.

What other veggies then would you suggest???
I live in Canada so right now its kind of hard for me to find anything fresh aside from collard greens. Ive checked all my local grocers and cant find mustard greens, kale, endive, etc. I can get squash - but only certain kinds, and I dont think they are the type my Beardie needs...

Thanks.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Here a list of food and how often they should be fed.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

I have trouble finding veggies around here too, I usually have to buy organic since they carry more variety. You can feed any kind of hard squash, I usually get butternut. You can grate it with a cheese grater since it can be really hard to cut.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":180ssw08 said:
Here a list of food and how often they should be fed.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

I have trouble finding veggies around here too, I usually have to buy organic since they carry more variety. You can feed any kind of hard squash, I usually get butternut. You can grate it with a cheese grater since it can be really hard to cut.

Thats the list I go by as well - well, I try to go by...
I have checked the organic sections in my stores and havent had luck there - I will have to try and find a whole organic store and see if I have any luck there....

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
If push came to shove you can always go with frozen veggies. I believe some nutrition is lost, but some is better than nothing. And it will keep them in the habit of eating them as well.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
valcash":275uchrz said:
jamiedennis":275uchrz said:
Gail":275uchrz said:
Ive checked all my local grocers and cant find mustard greens, kale, endive, etc. I can get squash - but only certain kinds, and I dont think they are the type my Beardie needs...

Thanks.
Try Whole Foods http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/index-4.php

I dont have a Whole Foods in my area... But that would have been a great place to go if I had one near by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom