Superworm Care and Breeding, a Step by Step Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

keen77

Hatchling Member
well you do a great job with the Dubia for sure! I know what ya mean though, I'm working on a little colony have been for months. Can't feed off of it yet. Just let my girls try super worms they loved em but the roaches are their favs

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You should give the supers a shot at breeding... its pretty fun, i have breed horns, supers, meals, roaches and tried silks... couldn't get the silks right but whatever... its a decent amount of fun if the people around you are okay with bugs... haha supers are the staple for most of my dragons. feeding large dubia gets to be a pain since they manage to climb out of the bowl quite often.

keen77

Hatchling Member
Yea I might give it a shot! I'm going to let my girls try silk worms here soon. I hear they are kinda hard to keep up. I got a Horn Worm pod just waiting for them to get bigger. How many Dragons do you have?

keen77

Hatchling Member
Wow, that's really cool! My 2 along with a dog and a cat keep me busy. Feed mine more super worms tonight and them loved em!

So, I have a question for you...

I started breeding superworms back in November (first beetles emerged). I started out with around 120 beetles. After a month i started seeing babies mid Dec. And 4 days ago I checked on the progress of the worms (yes I keep a water source in there at all times). And well they are pupating into mealworm beetles. So i checked the container and only found 5 superworms. So is it possible for my superworms to turn into mealworms...because this is what is happening. I would say I accidentally mixed up my mealworms with superworms but then again I dont have mealworms anymore (got rid of them about 2 months before getting the supers.

So I am confused as all HeLL. Any Ideas....................

triumphtt

Juvie Member
ahh This sounds like a excellent WTF moment :!: :book: I would think who ever you ordered them from made a mistake. One question though are the worms that are pupating into mealies in your bulb/feeder bin? Or are these from the babies? Cause if your super worm beetles laid eggs and they turned into meal worms then you have um well a problem for lack of a better word

triumphtt":jc97i30q said:
ahh This sounds like a excellent WTF moment :!: :book: I would think who ever you ordered them from made a mistake. One question though are the worms that are pupating into mealies in your bulb/feeder bin? Or are these from the babies? Cause if your super worm beetles laid eggs and they turned into meal worms then you have um well a problem for lack of a better word

I will take a few pictures when I get home later tonight. But just to re-state that the supers pupated into beetles and those beetles laid eggs and now that they have been hatching for about 2 months now all I am getting is mealworms that are pupating into mealworm beetles....

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
JUST when I thought I killed them all by not giving them carrots every couple days I SAW THE BEDDING MOVE! :blob5: :blob8:
My beetles had babiieeesss! XD I'M SO BLOODY EXCITED! I don't think I'll ever have to buy feeders again.... plus I just bought like 1000small supers a week ago or something and my beardies together eat about 20 together(not each. XD)

But I moved the carrots in my old beetle bedding and I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the bedidng move. So I grabbed my magnifying glass, scooped that spot up and sure enough saw supers this long: --

XD Yaaayyyyyyyy
SUCCESS!~ Tomorrow I should switch out my beetles again. I actually saw one laying eggs.. Well I'm pretty sure she was. ;P

YES. I'm just so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom