How long do bearded dragons live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
a very well cared for beardie can live up to 12 years in captivity (or longer).

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
catUK":2yezfm8z said:
a very well cared for beardie can live up to 12 years in captivity (or longer).

^--That's twice as long as I thought. XD
I hope I'm wrong and you're right though!

:D I thought the average was 8-10, but normally 6........ DX OH well..

athenacp

Extreme Poster
WHen I bought Digger I was told max lifespan was 5...he just turned 8 last January :D And still as fiesty as ever :blob5:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
yeah on average they live for 5 years apparently but can live up to 12. All depends on the beardie i suppose, same as humans- average life span of about 80 but some live to 100. I hope my beardie lives for 12 years :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The oldest beardie I ever saw on this site was 15 yrs old. Her name was Mama. She looked good for her age, too. Our oldest Lonzo, is also 8 yrs old in April. He's still very spry and enjoys running around our beardie proofed living room and bob & blackbeard everthing. We call this Lonzo doing his security checks. Sweetie, our girl, will be 5 in April. Then we have Didi (foster beardie) who's also 5, Leo who's 3 and Rubio who's 2. I'm hoping Lonzo will live to a ripe old age. We're good beardie slaves, so I hope they all live to a ripe old age.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom