How long do bearded dragons live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
a very well cared for beardie can live up to 12 years in captivity (or longer).

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
catUK":2yezfm8z said:
a very well cared for beardie can live up to 12 years in captivity (or longer).

^--That's twice as long as I thought. XD
I hope I'm wrong and you're right though!

:D I thought the average was 8-10, but normally 6........ DX OH well..

athenacp

Extreme Poster
WHen I bought Digger I was told max lifespan was 5...he just turned 8 last January :D And still as fiesty as ever :blob5:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
yeah on average they live for 5 years apparently but can live up to 12. All depends on the beardie i suppose, same as humans- average life span of about 80 but some live to 100. I hope my beardie lives for 12 years :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The oldest beardie I ever saw on this site was 15 yrs old. Her name was Mama. She looked good for her age, too. Our oldest Lonzo, is also 8 yrs old in April. He's still very spry and enjoys running around our beardie proofed living room and bob & blackbeard everthing. We call this Lonzo doing his security checks. Sweetie, our girl, will be 5 in April. Then we have Didi (foster beardie) who's also 5, Leo who's 3 and Rubio who's 2. I'm hoping Lonzo will live to a ripe old age. We're good beardie slaves, so I hope they all live to a ripe old age.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom