any other cheap feeders like crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
hi :) i want to buy any type of cheap feeder for my beardie cuz he had suddenly stopped eating crickets for some reason he was eating them at first but then the next 2 days he didnt eat any! i was worried cuz he never done that before he always eat anything i give him so i was shocked! :shock: but then i decided to give him phoenix worms and a little bit of mealworms and he ate those right away :? so any one knows any other cheap feeders than crickets?

You really should'nt feed mealworms to bearded dragons, first off. I think you should consider starting a roach colony, easiest thing to do. You pay a bit at the begining and 4-6 months later you have a never ending supply of the buggers it's great!

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
UnaidedSoul":lvmz3zc3 said:
You really should'nt feed mealworms to bearded dragons, first off. I think you should consider starting a roach colony, easiest thing to do. You pay a bit at the begining and 4-6 months later you have a never ending supply of the buggers it's great!
oh dont worry im not feeding those i was just trying a few out and see if he would eat them thats all that was my first time trying them this week i was feeding him silkworms on a regular basis but dubias they are expensive to get and i dont have no more room to put them in my room :( any others cheaper ones you know?

Reptiworms are just like pheonix worms, and i think beardeddragon.org members get 20% with the code "bearded20" so that would be pretty reasonable.

Check it out!

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
dubia prices are falling fast. I have seem multiple ads in the $40-$50 per 1000 range and a few people reporting them have gotten 1000 for $20-30.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Dubia are easy to take care of, however, you need some supplies first. Also idk how cost worthy it is if you only have one dragon and theyre an adult. I know most adults don't eat that much protein. Starting a roach colony is nice but if you're looking for a simple feeder and don't mind spending $15 every 2 weeks then you could seek out reptiworms. When I had a job I would buy reptiworms, feed 60 a day for two weeks and it worked out very nicely. Reptiworms, the company, has very good service. Once I ordered 250 and only got around 200. I told them and they gave me around 100 more the next time I ordered. They're very clean and last a long time, plus i've never had any die.

Do a search on the site, their are tons of threads on starting a roach colony with all the supplies you need and any questions you can think of. When your dragon gets older you can just sell off any extra roaches you have and make some money :p

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
SoleSky":1al1st32 said:
Dubia are easy to take care of, however, you need some supplies first. Also idk how cost worthy it is if you only have one dragon and theyre an adult. I know most adults don't eat that much protein. Starting a roach colony is nice but if you're looking for a simple feeder and don't mind spending $15 every 2 weeks then you could seek out reptiworms. When I had a job I would buy reptiworms, feed 60 a day for two weeks and it worked out very nicely. Reptiworms, the company, has very good service. Once I ordered 250 and only got around 200. I told them and they gave me around 100 more the next time I ordered. They're very clean and last a long time, plus i've never had any die.
This. Repti-worms are cheaper than store-bought crickets, especially once you throw in the 20% off (something phoenix worms does not offer). Sartharion used to inhale them, then I started feeding him dubias - now he's not so keen on his worms when he knows there are roaches to be had, lol.

gocougs18

I just bought 1500 small reptiworms for $40 for my little guy and he loves them. He is around 7 inches head to tail, anything bigger than that id go with mediums or larges. Reptiworms is where its at

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
gocougs18":3umpl085 said:
I just bought 1500 small reptiworms for $40 for my little guy and he loves them. He is around 7 inches head to tail, anything bigger than that id go with mediums or larges. Reptiworms is where its at
wow thats alot! those should last him for 2 or 3 weeks if he is a big eater but you know what reptiworms turn into so you better feed them off quick!

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
gocougs18":1aoz57k5 said:
I have a wine cooler to cool them down and have them last for about a month
didnt they say if you refrigerate them they will die cuz they cant stand the cold?

gocougs18

Yeah if you put them in the fidge which is at 40 degrees they will dies, but if you use a wine fridge where you can turn it to 50 to 60 they will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom