What is Sandfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Is sandfire a color or the name of breeders? I have seen sandfire BD's in several places but the colors are a bit different and I know there is a breeder with that name.

JAE

Not to be a ass but the guy above is wrong. Sandfire is a color morph that Sand Fire Dragon Ranch created years ago. They named themselves after the morph. For the real answer just google sand fire dragon ranch or visit their site sandfiredragonranch.com
Jae

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks a bunch. I have looked at their site and saw the name sandfire come up but then other web sites had it to, that is what confused me.

JAE

Also they range in colors of oranges sometimes with a lighter head or body, the original sand fire dragons had orange heads and tan bodys but now theyre much brighter. Heres an example this is one of my juvenile sand fire females
1293779567.jpg

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
JAE":kehom3kc said:
Not to be a ***** but the guy above is wrong. Sandfire is a color morph that Sand Fire Dragon Ranch created years ago. They named themselves after the morph. For the real answer just google sand fire dragon ranch or visit their site sandfiredragonranch.com
Jae

First of all, I'm not a guy. Secondly, orange/citrus dragons existed in the wild long before sandfire existed, as did all the other colors phases. You can't create genetics out of nowhere. They weren't the only ones with orange dragons, just the ones that became the most known for it. Colors are not a breed or morph, it's a normal variation. Just like with cats, whether it's orange or black, it's still a tabby.

JAE

Im sorry I offended you mam.I dont want to debate, but no, your wrong again. Read a book on genectics. Its all about isolating the genes with selective breeding. I stated above to google sand fire dragon ranch. I suggest you do the same. You should have already before you attacked me. I was simply trying to help the OP

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
JAE":vtn6v525 said:
Im sorry I offended you mam.I dont want to debate, but no, your wrong again. Read a book on genectics. Its all about isolating the genes with selective breeding. I stated above to google sand fire dragon ranch. I suggest you do the same. You should have already before you attacked me. I was simply trying to help the OP

I have already done it long ago, and I owned dragons back when sandfire "created" as you claim their line. They werent' the only ones with oranges, and they weren't just breeding oranges, they were breeding all colors including yellows and reds to enhance them, but the colors were already there. And I didn't attack you, at no point was I rude. I was just stating facts.

JAE

This is why I rarely post. Theres always a debate someone always catches feelings. As I was trying to say im not sand fire dragon ranch I cant argue on their behalf google them like I said and find out for your self. You were saying half truths not "Facts" I simply correted them. Its like this breeders discover abnormalitys in color, pattern, body types, scales etc and through selective breeding isolate theses genes. Usually they name the morph. They didnt create it so to speak but discoverd it. The guy that owns sand fire I belive is the one that named the morph sand fire. I watched a video on you tube last night about this im simply relaying what I learned.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please do not start another hot debate on the Sandfire coloration issue. We are watching this thread but there is no reaon to be rude. This type of behavior is not tolerated on this forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

Tracie

Jess

Extreme Poster
Even if Sandfire was an actual morph at some point in time, personally I don't see it as one because it is so over used. I see it more as a company. Everyone that has an orange-ish colored beardie says it is a sandfire, and plenty of pet stores say they sell sandfires too, when they have no way of proving their dragon's genetics or where it came from. IMO the majority of people who claim they have sandfires are trying to put a "special" name on their beardie... It's the same way with German Gaints. A lot of people and breeders say they have GG beardies, but they don't grow much bigger than the average dragon.

As far as I'm concerned, they are just yellow/citrus/red morphs. It's like calling a dog a "doodle" when it is just a lab/poodle mix: A fancy name brings in more money. Not that I really care though... I'm not too much in to the whole morph thing. Normal morph dragons are just as special as the rest on 'em. :wink:

Just my opinion.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The reason I started this post was because I would see yellow beardies and orange beardies called sandfire. So I was confused whether it was a color which seems to be different colors or a "brand" name.
So would you call a orange beardie an orange beardie? What then is a citrus beardie because I have seen yellow ones and orange ones called citrus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom