only poops in bath, worried???

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderous

ive had my beardie for about a month now, when i first got him he would poo about once a day, he is 15 inches long and had never had a bath, so, i started bathing him every five days, he hated it at first but now doesnt mind at all, but now, he will only poo in the bath, never in his cage. it started to worry me when he didnt poo after four days so i have been bathing him every other day now, he is healthy and gaining weight but will only poo in his bath. IM just wondering if it is something i should be worried about, he is eating fine, acting fine, everything fine, just only poos in his bath. should i be worried or not?

tanks specs
75 gallons
80-90 ambient, 95-100 basking
reptisun 10.0 new, over whole tank, withing 10 inches of basking spot
collard, mustard greens, squash
reptiworms, superworms, crix, roaches

Vacren

Juvie Member
It sounds like you have a well trained miracle dragon. Doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
My little one will actually demand to be taken out of her take to poop. She prefers to poop in the bath but anywhere is preferable to her tank for her!

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
It is an advantage - Angie also only ever goes in the bath, but she has a bath every day or at the most every second day. Flippie had his first bath-poo a few days ago, but he was absolutely terrified that it happened then and there. I wish I could get him trained as well... :wink:

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
Curt suffered 4 impactions, 3 of which made him collapse in pain with a black beard and stress marks, 1 of which he threw up, and 1 of which he nearly prolapsed. You should consider yourself lucky to have a pooping beardie as far as I'm concerned.

Drache

yah. i wish my guy only went in the water, he seems to go right after i put him onto his carpet tho.. i suppose i can shell out a few bucks for slate

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Zilla will hold it in for a day or two if i don't bathe him,then he will feverishly glass dance for about 5-15 mins and poop at the last moment,if i bathe him every other day he poops only in the bath lol,it's totally normal btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom