Turning blue???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Rikku scales round her face had lightened a great deal, i put it down to shedding. I looked at ther today and i notice all the scales on the top of her head are a funny blueish colour. I have never seem it like this before. Should I panic yet?

missmaishka

Original Poster
I decided to leave it a while and see if anything changes. The blue colour turned to a grey shade, but it doesnt seem any better. There are also patches on her hips and tops of her legs now. I have taken some pics of the patching during her bath. I think most will say it is just shedding, but I have never seen her shed like this and due to the opp she had a few weeks ago I am extra worried about everything. Also on a side note I walked in to find her with a mouthful on paper towel, ( had to use it to replace the sand she kept eating) Should I worry about the fact she ate it or will it be ok?

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Agree, shed. As for the paper towel, if she is eating it you may need something else such as tile or repti-carpet. I wouldn't worry about one piece of paper towel (but if you are worried you can feed some pumpkin, squash, or applesauce), but if it is continually happening you'll want to change substrate.

missmaishka

Original Poster
thanks a lot for the help, i can stop been worried now. I think i just missed her normal feed time so she got bored and ate the paper. my fault really, she hasnt done it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom