"Tatsu's Celestial Army" Memorial Booklet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Posting with permission from Alex (beardie)]

Frances (aka "slavetoIzzie") has volunteered to put together a memorial booklet of all beardies who had recently crossed over The Rainbow Bridge. The book is tentatively entitled "Tatsu's Celestial Army", and will encompass a photo and a biography.

Here are the requirements:
- Photos must be of highest resolution possible
- Biography must be no more than 50 words, including information such as life dates (e.g., Jan. 1, 1999-Jan. 2, 2002), name of beardie, name of slave(s), and a special personal memory
- Submit photo and bio to "[email protected]"
  • (To avoid duplication, please include your bd.org username and beardie's name in the Subject line)
If you have any questions regarding this very generous and thoughtful project, please feel free to post them here.

Thank you, Frances.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
This is a great idea. I however do have a question. In what form with the booklet take? Physical hold in your hand or digital on the computer?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It will be a "physical" booklet, but I don't know how or where it'd be assembled or how to go about buying one. Frances will have to answer those questions.

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
It will be a physical, "in your hands" booklet, similar to those journals or agendas you see in Walmart. Not sure how much the price will be, that will be determined by how many pages it would contain. Once I know that, I can see about how to transfer the monies to Alex, as all profit from the sales will be for BD.org. I've already asked the post office about bulk order mailing, and I should be able to mail them out with a discount. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I know more.

Livey, could you let Ethelia know about this thread? Both you and she should contribute to Billy's page.

Deb, It's good. You can add a bit more detail about Issy, if you like.

Livey

Extreme Poster
slavetoIzzie":2izj399m said:
It will be a physical, "in your hands" booklet, similar to those journals or agendas you see in Walmart. Not sure how much the price will be, that will be determined by how many pages it would contain. Once I know that, I can see about how to transfer the monies to Alex, as all profit from the sales will be for BD.org. I've already asked the post office about bulk order mailing, and I should be able to mail them out with a discount. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I know more.

Livey, could you let Ethelia know about this thread? Both you and she should contribute to Billy's page.

Deb, It's good. You can add a bit more detail about Issy, if you like.

I will let her no!
Ill let her start it off and ill finish it :) x
How many photos can you have?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
slavetoIzzie":28t2do58 said:

Im moved beyond words that after all this time, and the length of my absence from this site, you still thought to include me.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
What's the deadline that you're looking to get all images by?

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
I'm thinking end of March, to have it available by mid-April.

I can possibly put 2 pictures on a page.

Ethelia, how could I possibly not include you? Billy isn't the only one you'll need to remember. One of the sweetest(and saddest) pictures I've ever seen, was the one of Dex cuddled up in her furry blanket.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Frances, thanks for letting me know you got my email. We also lost another beardie just b4 Issy, Angel was a rescue & we had her for a year before she passed. Would it be ok to include her, too? She was very special, too. So max for Issy is 50 words? I'll send some more info. Please let me know about Angel.

Thanks so much Frances,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Is this booklet only for beardies lost in the year 2010? We don't have any beardies that we lost in the year 2010, thankfully as I'm tired of grieving over lost beardies. We lost 2 in the year 06, within 2 months, then Redrock in September of 08.

What I would like to know is can I include them? Redrock is the last one we lost and that was September 10th of 08.

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
Deb, of course Agel is OK! She would have a seperate page, so I would need a picture of her as well.

This is a memorial to ALL of our lost beardies. The year isn't important, it's the sharing of our memories. We have all heard so many tales of Miss O and Miss Y, that they still seem to be here on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom