SKIN DISCOLORATION?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 3 beardies, I just got one that has discolored skin. It kinda looks like cow spots. Is this a fungal or bacterial infection? he moves around fine and acts fine. Its just his skin looks weird. I have not seen anything like this online and i have been searching quite a bit. If someone has seen this before PLEASE let me know what this is all about.
100_1397.jpg
100_1399.jpg
100_1400.jpg
100_1401.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
That is really, really odd. It almost looks like piebalding but I've never seen it in a dragon. Has it always been like this? Have the spots changed size or color?

smkdzzl420

Original Poster
Yes as a matter of fact it does look like a piebald. I have not heard of this in beardies. I just got him tonight and the lady i got him from said that he has always looked like this. He seems very healthy. From what she told me he is about 6 yrs old. So he is no spring chicken.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Too bad he isn't younger, I'd like to see some breedings from him. I'd definitely try and get at least a clutch or two from him. I don't know if you are interested in breeding but if you could get piebald babies, it would be very exciting.

smkdzzl420

Original Poster
I got him to breed. I have a orange sandfire female, and a regular male, and the piebald guy. The piebald guy is sopsedly a giant morph and i believe it cause he is HUGE!! So u dont think there is anything wrong with him??

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've never seen or heard of a fungus/bacteria that makes the skin white like that. Its not like a one colored spot either, you can clearly see his darking markings as yellowish markings on the white.
I would get him checked by a vet just to make sure, you wouldn't want something passed to your other dragons. Are you in the US? I am very interested in getting a baby or two of his if the spotting turns out not to be medical.
You might post in the general forum asking if any breeders have run across piebald dragons before and what they think about him.

smkdzzl420

Original Poster
I am located in Illinois. I would be open to breeding him or studing him or whatever. If he is a one of a kind giant morph piebald this could be big. Ill put him in the breeder forums to see if they know anything. thanks for the quick correspondence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom