Hind leg extension but not impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

essenm25

Hatchling Member
I just got my 3 month old bearded dragon last week and she sleeps and sometimes basks with her hind legs fully extended behind her. I know this is a sign of impaction but she had been using the bathroom regularly. She is moving around just fine and doesn't have any problems with mobility so I was just wondering if it could be something else or if it is just comfortable for her.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Some people call it the "sexy leg" Here are some pics of mine doing it :)

sexyleg.jpg

R.I.P Tiamat
sexylegs.jpg

I have one of Enki with them stretched out completely straight but unfortunately it's on my cell phone. I think its adorable when they do that lol

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
lol yah it's normal. both of my dragons will sleep with their back legs and front legs straight back. When they're sleeping it looks like their nose pulled them to the position they're in and their legs dragged behind lol. I think that it's when they stop Using their back legs (like they're paralized) that it's a sign of a bad impaction.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
my little one does it all the time, He likes doing that when he is hanging off his branch, kind of cute.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I thought the same thing the first day we brought ours home he ate a bunch of small crickets and I thought OMG he is paralized because the crickets were too big! I soon learned that was his favorite position.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
It's totally normal,i call it the "torpedo position" because he does it when he swims in the bath,he just propells himself with his tail,they also do it when sleeping/basking,its just like stretching our legs,it feels good for them :)

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
I finally managed some pics of zilla doing it,i know this thread is old but he looks so funny when he does it! here they are lol

FULL extension!
018-1.jpg

Back legs!
013-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom