Weight & Length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Newbie here... After getting inquisitive on how much bigger my beardy will get, I've a question on weight as I think mine may be overweight.

Ours is about 11 months we think, we've had him about 8/9 months, and they said he was 2 months old when we got him... So at 11 months, he is 17.5" and weights 417grams, admittedly he does have a rather round belly, but he looks healthy enough. He is very lively, loves coming up to the cage and scratching at the glass when we walk in the room and he wants to come out, has a good appetite, goes to the toilet regularly.

I was reading some where similar length beardies are less than 300g... However I saw some forums where ours is a normal weight it seems.

Just wondered what length & weight other peoples beardiers were?

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
We have a 8 month old that is 16 inches and weighs 400 grams.
also a 7 month old that is 17 inches and 256 grams. So there is a huge variation although the 7 month old did spend 3 1/2 months outside lost and is still gaining back his weight from his adventures.

stubrookes

Original Poster
Thanks for that, so not a huge difference then I guess. Nice to know, ours must know I'm talking about him as its 2.20am in the UK and for some bizarre reason he has just woke up and is staring at me from his cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom