do bearded dragons mate all year round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
If given the opportunity i.e. housed together, which is not a good thing as we know, males will mate with females all the time- this can be very bad for a female's health and of course fighting will occur. Having too many clutches too often will shorten the lifespan of the reptile.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Ok Curt
Dragons can mate at anytime of the year. Knowing your animals well will help in determining the when.
At the top of the page is a tool called SEARCH. It is a wonderful website feature and can answer quite a few questions quickly and easily.

Having just gotten your dragon and considering the types of questions asked so far, I honestly recommend the thoughts of breeding can wait for some time.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":19h53qw8 said:
Ok Curt
Dragons can mate at anytime of the year. Knowing your animals well will help in determining the when.
At the top of the page is a tool called SEARCH. It is a wonderful website feature and can answer quite a few questions quickly and easily.

Having just gotten your dragon and considering the types of questions asked so far, I honestly recommend the thoughts of breeding can wait for some time.
yea your right im not thinking about breeding now but like in the future because i really wanna become a bearded dragon breeder like you :D but i defineley got a while to go to breed my female any way she to small but thanks ima use that search tool at the top i never used it :p

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
catUK":3113tv5z said:
If given the opportunity i.e. housed together, which is not a good thing as we know, males will mate with females all the time- this can be very bad for a female's health and of course fighting will occur. Having too many clutches too often will shorten the lifespan of the reptile.
i know all that i just wanna know do they mate all year round? :p but thats ok wolfmantom already told me thanks :)

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DeweysMom":3m3dd6x3 said:
Do you mind my asking why you want to breed in the future?
well ill tell you ima make a long story short :) i want to become a bearded dragon breeder because i just love bearded dragons i love the colors they have and how social they are with people very active and everything im not all in for the money i dont care much for that all i want is to be around bearded dragons breed new morphs something like that and when i get a few hachlings here and there ima sell them for a reasonable price cuz like i said im not all in for the money now if i need money to feed them and equipment things like that then thats when the only time i willl raise the prices up you know for the vet bill and things like that but most of all i just love them i want to have a bond with them! :mrgreen:

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks for answering. It was just a curious question. I do agree with Tom though. A LOT of research will need to be done before you (or anyone for that matter) seriously considers breeding. It's a huge job to take and it's not only physically demanding, but financially and I would assume mentally demanding as well.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DeweysMom":3b99sl47 said:
Thanks for answering. It was just a curious question. I do agree with Tom though. A LOT of research will need to be done before you (or anyone for that matter) seriously considers breeding. It's a huge job to take and it's not only physically demanding, but financially and I would assume mentally demanding as well.
yea i already know about all that im prepared for it thats why i been started like months ago planning for this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom