Can I Panic Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
IMG_20101220_230414-1.jpg

IMG_20101220_230421.jpg

Ive re-posted your pics so they're directly on thread- hope thats ok?

Is there any yellow on the underside of his belly? Im not 100% sure but this could be yellow fungus.

Yellow fungus is a contagious disease. It is thought to be caused by yeast infections in the digestive system, gotten from antibiotics, that then exits with the feces and infects the Bearded Dragon on the outside. Or it can be passed on from an infected dragon to an uninfected one. It is characterized by the appearance of yellow patches of fungus on your Bearded Dragon. Preventive measures include always using a probiotic when you are using an antibiotic. Once this disease is contracted, a vet is a must. They will probably give antifungal treatments.

I think a vet visit is a must. Sorry i can't be of more help :(

n00bness

Original Poster
There aren't any spots on his belly, just the two weird scales. I don't know if that is better or not. And there aren't any other lizards in the house for him to catch anything from. If it could be that serious I'll probably take him to the vet anyway. Can't hurt right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom