please help me sex my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

julier

hi all can you please help me out my daughter has just got me a new dragon and i am not sure if its a girl/boy.

DSC00035.jpg

Thank-you very much

julier

Original Poster
thank-you so if you can see them spots then its a male can you see them spots if it was a female.
thanks

julier

Original Poster
i am sorry to ask again but this is my other dragon can you tell what sex this one is

dragon14.jpg

thank-you

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
i'm thinking male as well, but the lighting is bad on the underside of the legs. There are two things to look for, the femoral pores on the insides of the legs or the two hemipenal bulges on the base of the tail to determine if it is a male.

Drew

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
julier":1izrnwn6 said:
i am sorry to ask again but this is my other dragon can you tell what sex this one is

dragon14.jpg

thank-you

wow that is a great pick!!!! We are having a good laught at work about it.....

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
the first one looks like a female - there is a fairly defined bump right above the vent. the second one is difficult to tell, but i'm going to guess female on that one as well.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Tastetherainbow, you are looking in the wrong spot on the second dragon. You look above the vent, never below it. Check the link I posted a few messages back.

Gail":35ici2mz said:
Tastetherainbow, you are looking in the wrong spot on the second dragon. You look above the vent, never below it. Check the link I posted a few messages back.

ahh thanks, when i was doing this it was like 12am in adelaide and i was working on 4hrs sleep, it seems like the vent was lower at that time of night.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
When taking a picture to try and have people identify the sex of the dragon a tip would be to darken the picture some, the white of the dragon on it's underside can have an adverse effect making the bumps hard to see.
I made a short picture guide to help this guy see if it helps you.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136754

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom