Is This a Sperm Plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Dewey has this weird looking thing hanging out of his vent. He's had it for a couple of days now, but it just won't come out. He's had a bowel movement since I first noticed it, but it's still there. Initially I thought it was poop, but after doing some searching I feel it may be a sperm plug. He's about a year give or take a couple of weeks if that matters.

If it is a sperm plug what should I do? Just leave it and let him pass it? Should I give him something to help? It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but it's freaking me out!

plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Yeah, it looks like a seminal plug to me. You can try GENTLY pulling on it. If it is a seminal plug, it should come right out. If it doesn't come out immediately, then stop pulling! :D

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I tried pulling it out gently and it basically fell apart. I got a piece of it, but there's still some stuck inside. I'm obviously not going to probe around inside to try to dig it out. Will bathing him be enough to help or should I give him something to try to pass it along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom