Dragon white/greyish around mouth/neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

boobooman

Hello im quite worried about our dragon hes about 2yrs old but we have had him 3/4 month.
He is off his food and quite dopey... Our main concern is he has gone a white/grey colour around his month and down his neck.
He had a bath on thurday and had a nice big poop lol,

90 in cooler end 100+ hot end, Any help please as we seem to very lacking in our area where any vets will see him.
He refuses to eat crickets so lives on greens/meal worms with the odd wax worm.

Not much else i can think of any help plz :)

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
sometimes bearded dragons get moody when they are shedding that could be why hes not wanting to eat

Looks like a shed to me too. Mine had a white spot on the top of his nose for about 3 weeks before he shed. I was a bit nervous, but it was just him shedding.

boobooman

Original Poster
Thank you for all your help, I have gave him lot's of bath's, And he seems alot more happy I hope it is just shedding, Will have too keep a close eye on him :)

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I agree that it is shed, but 90 degrees is too hot for a cool side. It should be 80, TOPS, beardies need to be able to escape the heat.

Hi there,

When you say 100+ on the hot side and 90 on the cooler side, how much above 100 is it on the hot side? What watt bulb are you using and how big is your tank?

I use a 100 watt bulb in a 40 breeder tank in the summer when its hot, but since its been cooler, I have been turning on a separate 75 watt bulb on the cooler side of the tank to maintain that 105 hot side and 85 cool side, but these past few days on the east have been quite warm, so that is when I just use the 100 watt bulb again. But by this weekend when the temperatures drop I am sure I will have to use that 75 watt bulb again.

Also my beardie does not drink water in the tub or his bowl, so since we got him I have a squirt bottle that I would mist him off slightly, so he is now use to it. A few times during the day I put the squirt bottle in front of him and squirt his nose and he will sit there and lap up the water as I continue to squirt it. Now he loves his water:) He also likes it when he is in the tub and I dip my finger in the water and let it fall on his nose, he will lap it up that way too. Makes me feel so much better especially sitting under the light all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom