halloween costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where i can order some type of Halloween costume ? I have a 1 year old female and a 1 year old male. Thanks

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
meemaw1234":egx6a9xp said:
Does anyone know where i can order some type of Halloween costume ? I have a 1 year old female and a 1 year old male. Thanks
im not sure but imo it seems a bit mean :( like they won't enjoy it

meemaw1234

Original Poster
Thanks for every ones advice. I think I might make one fo my Dixie from a red harness to make a Phillies jersey. It all depends on their personality, my female adores attention and I have a blue leash and harness and I have taken her on a ride to the pet store. Our male couldn't be bothered with stuff like that I would never force him into new situations I don't put him in a leash or anything . He loves women and is unsure of little kids 3 and under. Dixie loves everyone likes rides and the first time I tried her in a harness she loved it from the start. How is that mean ? If she didn't like it I would not do it. She wants to be on the porch with us that is why I bought the harness and leash to try to keep her safe!

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think there is anything mean about it. I think as long as they like it and it is not hurtin them then it is fine and the exercise of
getting out and going places even just outside with you is good for them. I lost my dragon by taking it out for a walk but I still believe that it
is good for them to go out and enjoy being with you. mine was an accident that could have been avoided. But as long as the leash and
costume are not hurting the dragons then go for it. and post pics once you get it made please. :D

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
If you look around on some of the threads, especially the ones with contest photos, you can see a lot of people's ideas, I've seen some pretty good lizard wizards this year!
And as for it being mean, is putting a shirt on a dog considered mean? No. Its not.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
RolandKyramere":1qzw6h64 said:
If you look around on some of the threads, especially the ones with contest photos, you can see a lot of people's ideas, I've seen some pretty good lizard wizards this year!
And as for it being mean, is putting a shirt on a dog considered mean? No. Its not.

don't get me wrong i really don't wanna start a fight but i don't like when people dress up dogs and i have a tiny short haired dog so when it snows here we need to put a jacket on him...but i try to let it be on for as little time as possible :S

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
thanks for sharing your oppinion i too have a short hair dog that LOVES her coat she will run away if you try to take it off
most people have fun making them costumes and its a great way to make people less afraid of them and come ask questions

006-18-1.jpg

meemaw1234

Original Poster
I will try to post a picture of them but I am a little computer illiterate . Do you just email to the bd org or do I try to attach it some how? My boyfriend had a great idea for a perch And a box with sand. We went to a place that has parrots and bought a wooden tray with an intricate wooden perch We have it in our living room our male likes the sand. They also had a variety of dried fruits? I did not buy any Because I was not sure if they can eat them. Does anyone know about dried fruits ?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
meemaw1234":3ek13u8c said:
I will try to post a picture of them but I am a little computer illiterate . Do you just email to the bd org or do I try to attach it some how? My boyfriend had a great idea for a perch And a box with sand. We went to a place that has parrots and bought a wooden tray with an intricate wooden perch We have it in our living room our male likes the sand. They also had a variety of dried fruits? I did not buy any Because I was not sure if they can eat them. Does anyone know about dried fruits ?

Dried fruits have added sugar, so they are not a good food for beardies.

It's pretty simple to make a costume. I made this costume for my beardie. I cannot sew and have never made a piece of clothing in my life. So, I just used common sense to put this together. I did sew a little and also used a lot of hot glue, lol. I'll go a little more in depth about how I designed the pattern if you like.

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

As for it being "mean"... Well, my beardies all seem to feel inconvenienced at every little thing...from moving them from here to there, or preventing them from going under the chair, or shooing them to the other side of their tank so I can clean poop, or just whatever. Dressing them up doesn't hurt them. If they don't like it...well, they don't like a lot of things I do anyway and they'll get over it. This costume was easy to slip on and off. I put it on long enough to do this photo shoot and then again later that day for the costume contest I made it for. Although she didn't like the process of slipping it over her head, she didn't seem to take notice of it once it was on. Did the whole process annoy her? Yeah. Did it traumatize her? Hardly. I doubt she has any recollection of this whatsoever. I think our animals can be used for our entertainment as long as there is no harm or prolonged mental suffering to the animal.

For her troubles, not only did we win prizes in the costume contest, but that first photo also won a photo contest where I won my baby, Fizzgig, so a lot of good came out of this meanness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom